Ch.53 Unsolved triangle

Haft an hour has passed, and Destiny was on the verge of getting her full powers back as she once again tried to open a portal to Brooke, but failed once again.

"I'm getting there" she breathed "Maybe a few more minutes."

"Take your time" Elena patted her shoulder just as Lauren and her friends went up to her.

"Is it true that you and Terrence are getting married?" she gasped.

"What?"

"We just heard that you and Terrence will be getting married once we break this curse," Ilene told, "Is that true?"

"Well we're not actually getting married, we're obviously too young for that. What's going to happen is we're just going to have a small 'fake' wedding just for Mira and David to see before they leave, and so I can have a father to walk me down the aisle."

"Aw," Lauren smiled "That's so sweet. And um, I am gonna be one of your bridesmaids right?"

She giggled "Of course you are, but I don't wanna jump to any conclusions just yet, right now we need to focus on surviving this apocalypse and getting back to Ever After."

Pretty soon, Elena noticed that Destiny had her eyes closed and seemed to be focusing on something hard. She was gripping her staff and sitting up straight while taking deep breaths, it went on for a few more seconds until she opened her eyes.

"You okay?" Elena asked.

"Oh yeah, it's just I could feel a vision coming up to me, a vision of the future. I was trying to focus on it, but I just lost it."

"Oh."

"It's fine though, it'll come back around."

"What was the last vision you got?"

"This, what's happening right now. Us being stuck in the school while there's an apocalypse going on. Although my vision didn't show me how long we'd be in here, I do know that it won't be forever."

"I hope not."

_________

Down a hall and in the guy's restroom, Aidan had finished washing his hands as he looked up at his reflection in the mirror. Seeing his reflection reminded him of how much he used to always admire looking at himself in the mirror back at Ever After, back when he was so full of himself. But now, like everyone else, he's changed, changed for the better. He barely admired his reflection anymore, he didn't need to, because he knew it wasn't important, what was important was that he now puts others first before him, like a true hero.

When he left the restroom, he was about to head back to the cafeteria when he spotted Kim down the hall going through her locker. Wondering what she was doing, he decided to go up to her and strike up a conversation.

"Hey Kim" he greeted.

"Oh," she replied with a smile "Hey Aidan."

"What are you doing?"

"Just going through my locker to see if there's anything that can help in this crisis."

"Well did you find anything?"

"Just my notes, books, feminine products, and a jacket."

"At least you got your feminine products" he smirked as she gave a snicker.

"So uh-" he added "How have you been? Well besides getting caught in this apocalypse."

"I've been fine, I was looking forward to graduation, but I don't think that's happening anymore."

"Yeah" he agreed with a sigh "I was looking forward to it too. We're finally finishing high school, but now it might not happen."

"You know, I thought we would be graduating from Ever After High instead of here, don't get me wrong, I love going to school here, I just thought it'd be more appropriate to graduate from the school we grew up in."

"I feel you. I like this school, but I do miss Ever After High."

"Well, there's still that chance we can see it again."

"Only if we get past this."

"Yeah" she sighed.

They both stared at each other with smiles until Kim spoke up.

"Well um, I should get back to the cafeteria."

"Okay," he replied, "I'm gonna check my locker too, see what I've got."

She smiled before heading down the hallway with her stuff. As he watched her go, Aidan didn't notice Ilene approaching him from behind.

"Hi Aidan" she greeted causing him to jump.

"Oh," he breathed while clutching his chest "You scared me."

"Sorry" she apologized with a guilty smile "I didn't mean to startle you."

He shrugged it off while chuckling.

"So uh, what are you doing here?" he asked.

"I got bored in the cafeteria and decided to just walk around, and then I saw you here. I'm guessing you were having a chat with Kim?"

"I was, she was cleaning out her locker, I should probably do the same."

"Yeah me too, I think I left my granola bars in there, I hope they're not expired."

He gave a small chuckle.

"Hey um-" she added "How's life doing for you? Well, besides this."

"I'm doing well. What about you?"

"Same" she shrugged "How's dating life?"

"Well, I'm still enjoying being single, but I will go some dates every once in a while."

"Who have you been going on dates with?"

"The last date I went on was with Sabrina, we're not together if that's what you're thinking."

"I know you two aren't together. But uh, what about Kim?"

"It's been a while since I went on a date with her. It's actually been a while since I've been on a date."

"Me too" she shrugged "But I guess that won't happen while this apocalypse is going on."

"Yeah" he sighed "We don't know how long this will last."

"Or if we'll even survive it."

He nodded in agreement while biting his lip.

"Aidan" Ilene spoke quietly "Whether or not we make it out of this alive, I want you to know that I'm glad I met you, and I'm glad that you're one of my favorite persons to talk to. If I hadn't of met you, I don't think I'd be the same."

He gave a small smile as she let out a sigh.

"Well I'm gonna continue walking around" she patted his shoulder "I'll see you later."

She started down the hall as Aidan watched her go. And at that moment, he could feel the same decision that's been haunting him for a while coming back to him. Ilene or Kim? Both girls he likes. On one hand, he and Ilene have some history, both good and bad. But on the other, Kim was his designed love due to their story. This has been going on for a while, and he had no idea when it would come to an end.