Ch.65 Margins

After making their way through town while being careful not to run into anything dangerous, the group made their way to the Storybrooke sign and stopped, just as Olivia suspected, behind the sign was a thick white fog that went all across the street and throughout the woods, most likely surrounding the entire town.

"Everyone" Olivia spoke, "Welcome to the Margins. Here, anything you imagine will become real, even dreams will become real, and by dreams I mean nightmares."

"Um, isn't that what's happening right now in Storybrooke?" Terrence questioned, "Because remember what Lydia said?"

"You know what I mean."

"So all we have to do is cross that bridge?"David pointed to the white bridge that was in the fog in front of them.

"Pretty much" she shrugged "Now the bridge should take us to the Lost Library, and once Danielle uses her recreation spell on it, let's search the place quickly for anything that should help us."

"You got your wand Danielle?" Mira asked.

"I got them both" the fairy replied while pulling out the Blue Fairy's wand from one of her boots and her fairy godmother wand from the other.

"Excellent" Olivia commented as they turned back to the fog "Alright then, let's do this. And remember, anything you imagine becomes real, so if you can, try to clear your thoughts."

Taking deep breaths and gaining their confidence, everyone was about to step onto the bridge when a voice called out to them.

"Wait!" they turned around to see Destiny.

"I almost forgot," she said as she went up to Olivia and handed her a key on a chain "This is the Key of Great Power, not only is this another item needed to break the curse, but it can also protect against Lydia's powers."

"Whoa really?" Olivia gasped as she took the key.

"And this too" she pulled out a ring that looked like a mini version of the Evil Queen's mirror.

"Wait" Terrence spoke as he examined the ring "Isn't that Mr. Gram's ring?"

"Yep. The very same one he's been wearing since back at Ever After. I found it in his office, I never knew why he always wore it, but all I know is that is should also protect against Lydia's powers."

She handed the ring to Mira who took it and observed it.

"It looks just like my mirror," she remarked before slipping it onto her middle finger.

"So they're the only ones who can be protected by Lydia's powers?" David asked.

"Anyone who wears either one of these will be safe from her powers. You guys can take turns if you like."

"Well, thanks Destiny" Olivia thanked.

"Be careful out there, Lydia is very powerful and dangerous. I wish you all the best of luck.

She disappeared as everyone let out big sighs before turning back to the bridge. Once again, after taking deep breaths and gaining up their confidence, they stepped onto the bridge and headed into the Margins, already trying to clear their thoughts.

_________

Back in the Mayor's office and home, after making some calls on the telephone they brought from Mira's vault, everyone got their weapons to prepare for a fight as they gathered in the lounge just as Destiny reappeared.

"You all ready?" she asked.

"I guess so" Aidan shrugged "We already made the calls to our friends, they should be here soon."

"Let's hope it's quick."

"So, how are we gonna do this?" Darling asked, "Are we just gonna go out there and fight whatever comes to us?"

"Actually, I was thinking you all should split up into small groups across town, that way you all will be able to fight whatever comes at different parts of the town."

"And um, how will we know when we stop fighting?" Scott asked.

"I don't know, I guess until Lydia's dead or until the chisel's been put back. The main thing is, try to survive. Now you all could stay in here and not fight, but I know you guys, you all want to defend this town, your stories, and your lives."

"Hell yeah we do" Kayla grinned "I'm not letting anything destroy our stories."

"Me neither" Natalie agreed while cracking her knuckles.

Destiny let out a smile "I believe in all of you. Now let's out there and fight for our lives."

_________

Walking slowly down the bridge inside the Margins, everyone tried to remain calm while trying not to think of anything that could come true.

"Why do I suddenly feel so, floaty?" Mira questioned confused.

"Oh, it must be because your magic isn't working" Olivia answered.

"What?"

"The same thing happened to Elena, the Margins took away her magic and because of that, she felt really floaty, like she could easily lift herself off the ground."

"So my magic can't work in here?"

"I guess not" she shrugged.

"Great" Mira grunted.

"I don't think mine works either" Danielle added, "I too feel floaty, I don't even think I need my wings right now."

"Sorry guys, but until we make it to the Lost Library, you're gonna have to be magicless."

"Hey uh, do you remember how long it took until you made it to the Lost Library?" Terrence suddenly asked.

"Well um, a while actually. I mean we had to escape from our imaginations and dreams coming true, even these zombies."

"Zombies?" Danielle remarked.

"Yeah," she nodded "Zombies, anyway-".

She suddenly froze as her eyes widen "Oh God, I just thought of zombies."

"Wait, what?" Mira's eyes widened as everyone froze.

"I think I know what that means" Terrence muttered "Sorry for asking you that question Olivia."

"I don't think now's the time for apologies" she replied while looking behind her.

And just as they expected, shadows were seen through the fog as figures of dead people appeared. Everyone was too paralyzed with fear to move just as the figures came out from the fog to reveal themselves as green-skinned zombies.

"Oh my God" Danielle remarked in shock "I'm looking at actual zombies."

"And to think there wouldn't be any zombies in this apocalypse" Terrence stated dully.

"Well we're actually not in the apocalypse right now" Olivia put in "But- oh what am I saying? Run!"

They dashed down the bridge while already feeling the zombies going after them.

"I just had to think of zombies!" Olivia exclaimed frustrated.