Ch.80 Rifle move

This is probably going to be the longest book I've ever written for this series, I can see it coming, and I'm ready for it.

Down on another road, Reyna used her dancing skills and a dagger she found against some of Lydia's crew members. Already covered in sweat and blood, the ballerina was able to take down the members as she hurried off into the auditorium for a break. Now alone, Reyna began to gasp for air as she slumped down in one of the seats and let her body rest.

"That was some fight you put up" a voice suddenly spoke, "Who knew dancing would come in handy."

She looked around to see who was speaking but saw no one.

"Who's there?" she demanded.

The voice laughed "You don't recognize your own voice?"

At that moment, she realized it as chills went down her spine.

"No" she gasped.

"What's the matter?" she turned her head to see the one person who she feared and hated the most "Aren't you happy to see me?"

"Ebony" Reyna growled at the daughter of the Black Swan who was an exact twin of herself.

"I see you're surprised to see me" Ebony smirked "I'm surprised myself, I thought I was dead for good. Until this apocalypse brought me back."

"In that case, I'll be glad to kill you again" Reyna scowled while getting out of her seat and clutching her dagger.

"Well someone's a little sinister."

"So you're saying you're okay with me killing you?"

Ebony let out a small laugh "I don't see it in you."

"Oh yeah?" Reyna doubted "Just so you know, I've already killed some bad people earlier, do you not see the blood stains on me?"

"Yikes" Ebony bit her lips "You are a killer. What a shame, having to live the rest of your life knowing that you've killed some people."

"I may regret it time to time, but I remind myself that I did it for a good cause, and that was to protect this town and our stories. And now, I'm willing to do it again."

And with that, she swung her dagger at Ebony, but the Black Swan had dodged the attack as she turned into a black swan and flew across the auditorium. Growling with anger, Reyna turned into her swan form and flew after her enemy across the building. When she caught up with her, the two swans began to attack each other while honking until they both turned back to their human forms and on the stage.

"You haven't lost black swan side," Ebony remarked.

"It's always gonna be there" Reyna snarled as they began to fight.

Since Reyna was the only one with a weapon, Ebony had to dodge all of her strikes as they fought with their dancing skills. This went on for a few minutes until Reyna swung her dagger across Ebony's face as she stumbled back while clutching her bloody cheek. With her distracted by her pain, Reyna sent a hard kick to her stomach as she fell back as Reyna got on top of her and plunged the dagger straight into her stomach.

Seeing the shocked look on Ebony's face made Reyna realize that she had done it as Ebony let out her remaining breaths.

"You may have done it this time" she puffed hardly "But this war isn't over."

After that, she let out her last breath as her face went still. Even though Ebony was right about the war not being over, Reyna pushed it to the side as she got off of Ebony's body while still clutching the bloodstained dagger. Not wanting to be near her, she got off the stage and headed towards the doors, ready to continue in the battle.

________

Outside on one of the roads, DG used her shotgun to shoot at anything that came to her. After shooting a Jubjub bird, she looked around to see that her friends were fighting at any attacks, and blood was already filling the streets.

"Holy crap" she breathed "It's already turning into a bloody massacre."

"Although I'm pretty sure most of the blood is from monsters and those crew members" Zach put in.

"Yeah" she agreed with a sigh "And it's a good thing we're not seeing any gore."

After defeating most of the enemies, the Ozians hurried down into an alley to take a break.

"I've never fought against that many attacks before" Tim breathed while wiping blood off his arms.

"It's getting really gruesome" Sunny stated while breathing heavily "This might go on for a long time."

"We don't know how long this will go on" DG reported "But we have to keep fighting, this is for our lives and our stories. If anything, we'll have to-".

All of a sudden, they heard the sound of a loud growl as they turned and spotted something that sent horror to their eyes. Near the edge of the alley was a large grizzly bear, perhaps larger than an average grizzly bear that stared at them with its two colors eyes of yellow and blue.

"Is that a bear?" Sunny gasped.

"It's a big ass one," Leo remarked with his eyes widen.

As the bear continued to growl while stepping towards them, DG aimed her shotgun at it and tried to shoot, only to realize she was out of ammo.

"Dammit!" she hissed.

Seeing that she was defenseless, the bear gave a loud roar that made everyone turn around and run. Dashing down the road, the Ozians ran as fast as they could away from the bear who was catching up to them. 

"Everyone duck!" Zach suddenly yelled as he used the new magic he's been practicing as he lifted up a trash bin and threw it against the bear knocking it down.

Once it was down, DG used that moment to stop as she began to load up her rifle. But when the bear started to get up, DG was having a hard time placing the bullets in with her trembling hands.

"Come on DG!" Sunny nervously urged.

"I'm trying!" she snapped as the bear finally got up and turned to them.

At that moment, DG was finally able to load up her gun just as the bear charged at them. Moving quickly, she aimed her gun at the bear and fired the bullet into its heart as it collapsed on the road. After making sure it was dead, everyone felt the relief running through them.

"Good thing you brought your gun," Tim told DG "We would have never made it out alive without it."

"A girl's gotta be prepared" DG smirked.