Ch.48 Survival mode

With everyone in the school, Mira tried to turn on the light only to find that it wasn't working. But thankfully the backup lights were able to turn on, only to give off a faint glow as everyone followed the lights into the cafeteria while letting their panicked voices echo throughout the halls.

"Okay everyone listen up!" Mira called out as everyone turned their attention to her "I know you all are scared right now, but until we figure out what the do, we need to stay calm!"

"How can we stay calm when there's an apocalypse going on?!" Reyna Quinn, also known as Duchess Swan, daughter of the Swan Queen shouted.

"Because panicking makes you lose energy!" Darling scolded her "And when you lose energy, the more you have a chance of dying! So there!"

"Okay, now it's your turn to calm down" Aidan ordered his sister.

"Look-" Mira continued "Before we do anything about this apocalypse, we need to gather everything we can to survive, so that means food, water, personal hygiene, and first aid kits! Everyone split up and find as much of those things and any other things we may need."

They all did so as some stayed in the cafeteria to gather as much food as they can. And down one of the hallways, Scott Anders, also known as Hunter Huntsman, son of the Huntsman spotted a vending machine as he went up to it.

"Hey does anyone have some change?" he called out "We're gonna need a lot to get these-".

But before he could finish, Kayla sent a hard kick into the glass frame of the vending machine, shattering it as Scott jumped in surprised.

"Or we can do that" he concluded as she kicked away more of the glass to make room for her to reach in and pull out the snacks.

"Think survival Scott" she advised while tapping her head.

"Yeah yeah," he sighed while rolling his eyes.

Meanwhile, in the cafeteria, the Charming's were going through everything in the kitchen finding foods that were safe enough to eat.

"The power's not working" Darling stated while checking an oven "Looks like we can't cook anything until we figure another way out."

"The tater tots are fine" Aidan put in while taking out a tray of tater tots from an oven "And they're still warm."

"Probably not for long though."

"In that case, we better finish these first."

He set the tray down as Darling turned to Terrence who was looking through a cupboard.

"Find anything Terrence?" she asked.

"Just this box of expired Pop Tarts" he showed her the box "And it's the cinnamon kind."

"Ew," she cringed.

After a while, everyone came back to the cafeteria with all the survival items they could find.

"Are these all the foods and drinks you can find?" Mira asked them.

"Yeah" Ramona nodded "We broke every vending machine we could find to get these, so there may be bits of glass lying around."

"Never mind that. What else do we have?"

"I brought a first aid kit from the nurse's office" Hailee announced, "There's more in the office if we need some."

"Excellent, anything else?"

They all nodded no "Alright, I guess this will have to do for now. In the meantime, everyone stay put, we'll figure something out."

They all sat down as Mira turned to face Elena and Olivia.

"Please tell me you've got an idea" Elena begged her.

"Sorry" Mira sighed sadly "This protection spell was the only idea I had, I can't think of what to do now."

They all groaned.

"If only Destiny was here," Olivia remarked sadly "She would have known what to do."

But all of a sudden, they began to hear what sounded like a portal opening as they turned around to see a bright light that looked to be caused by magic. Everyone shielded their eyes from the brightness as it got brighter, and as soon as it faded away, they opened their eyes and were shocked to see a girl who was hunching over with her dark hair covering her face while clutching onto her staff. She was breathing heavily, and when she looked up, everyone couldn't believe their eyes at who she was.

"Destiny?!" Elena gasped.

The lost oracle lost her balance as she slumped onto the table next to her.

"Oh my God" Olivia gasped as they all hurried to her "Destiny what happened to you?"

"Are you okay?" Elena asked in shock.

"I will be" she assured hyperventilating.

"So what happened to you?" Olivia asked, "We've been looking for you when you never showed up."

"That's because I was being held in a cave after losing most of my magic" Destiny replied in a frown.

"What?" Elena gasped "Why? Who would do that?"

"Brooke has been meaning to tell you about her, but I guess you already know."

"Wait, Lydia did this to you?" she remarked surprised.

"She drained most of my powers, but I recently managed to get some of it back which allowed me to come here, but it'll be a while until I get my full powers back."

"Well, we're just glad you're alive, cause we've got a lot of things to tell you."

"You don't have to, I already know what's going on. And I also know what happened to Brooke."

"Do you know if she's okay."

"She might not be for long, she and her friends are getting very weak."

"Is there like a way we can like, send food and water to them?" Aidan asked.

"I might have a way, I'll have to look first."

"Well until then, what do you know about this apocalypse that's going on?" Olivia questioned, "Because all we know so far is that apparently, all of our worst fears are going to come true."

Destiny gave a sigh "That is true. Because this apocalypse isn't like anything you all have faced, not only will everyone's fears come true, but if we don't make it in time, it will be the end of our stories."

Everyone gasped.

"Wait, what do you mean by that?" Elena asked in shock.

"If we don't do anything about this apocalypse when time runs out, our stories will be destroyed, and that also means we won't be here, we'll be out of existence."