Ch.56 Stolen items

The following morning, once everyone was awake, they all went back to their training across the school as Destiny once again tried to make a portal open to Brooke.

"I'm getting there" she announced, "Someone bring me some food and water."

They did so as the portal she was making in front of her got bigger.

"Okay quick!" she ordered, "Throw the food and water through!"

They did so as Brooke who was still in her cell watched with amazement as food and water came out from the portal that opened in front of her.

"It's working!" Destiny smiled "Keep doing it!"

"Can she hear us?" Elena asked her.

"Sadly no, but at least she and her friends will be able to have some food and water."

Once they were done, the portal closed up as Brooke couldn't stop smiling from the offerings she's been lacking.

"Now onto the others" Destiny stated as she once again opened another portal.

As she did so, Elena decided to check on her friends as she entered the center of the school to see the Charming's teaching Olivia how to use her machete.

"You ready?" Darling asked her as they got into position.

Everyone stood back as the two princesses began their practice. Because Olivia was new to wielding a weapon, she was obviously slower than Darling who has had more experience.

"You're getting there," Darling told her after they stopped "But you need to be quicker."

"I know" Olivia sighed.

"Hey" Elena spoke to her "Don't forget, when we were trapped in that alternate universe created by Wendell, you had a machete for a weapon."

"Yeah, but I don't remember using it."

"Still" she shrugged "You had a machete."

Olivia gave a small groan as Darling suddenly spoke.

"Hey Elena," she said, "I've been thinking, do you think it's okay to leave the items we need to break the curse in your house?"

"Well they're protected with a protection spell" Elena replied, "So even if Lydia finds it, she won't be able to take them."

"But still, I feel like they'd be safer here. And what if she does find a way to take them?"

"I doubt that, from what I know, nothing can get past a protection spell."

_________

At Elena and Olivia's house, Lydia and Noah stepped into the vacant house and shut the door.

"Lydia we've already searched this place" Noah reminded her "It's not here."

"That's because we didn't have this" she held up Francis's Revealer Rays "Now that everyone is stuck in that school, we can pretty much get our hands on anything, and apparently, they were stupid enough to leave this behind."

She slid the Revealer Rays on as she watched as the Blue Fairy pointed to the bathroom.

"Here we go" she grinned as she went into the bathroom and watched as the Blue Fairy pointed to the cabinet below the sink.

She bent door and pulled the cabinet doors open as the fairy pointed to the large tampon box.

"Wow" she snickered while taking the Revealer Rays off "That's pretty clever."

She reached towards the box, only to feel a shock that brought her hand back.

"Protection spell" she growled while rubbing her hurt hand "Also clever."

"They put the items in a tampon box?" Noah remarked, "That is pretty smart."

"Only they've put a protection spell on it" she frowned.

"So? Just use your secret weapon."

"I know brother" she smirked as she reached into her coat pocket and pulled out a vessel containing some red sand "It's not enough, but it should do."

She pulled the cork off the top and began to sprinkle the sand onto the box as they watched it do its magic by destroying the protection spell around the box.

"There we go" Lydia grinned as she put the vessel away and was now able to touch the box as she pulled it out from the cabinet "Easy as can be."

She opened the box to reveal all the items as she felt herself grinning again.

"Here we are" she stated, "Now, time to destroy this town."

As they left the house, neither of them noticed Amanda watching them from up a tree as she gasped when she saw the box in Lydia's arms. Needing to warn everyone, she quickly teleported back inside the school where she spotted Elena walking down the hallway as she ran up to her.

"Elena!" she called.

"Amanda, what's wrong?" Elena asked.

"It's Lydia!" Amanda panted "She's got the box of the items!"

"What?!" Elena gasped.

"I don't how she got past the protection spell, but she's got the items!"

"Oh God" Elena breathed in shock as they hurried to the cafeteria where they ran up to Mira "Mira! We've got a problem, Lydia has the box."

"Wait what?" Mira's eyes widen "But how?"

"We don't know" Amanda replied, "But I just saw them coming out from Elena's house with the box."

"And in that box, it's the Dark One's dagger" Mira gasped "That means she can use it to activate the Trigger!"

Everyone around gasped by the sound of that.

"Mira, how do we deactivate it?" Elena demanded.

"We gotta destroy it" Mira replied, "But it's gonna be hard since it's literally one of the hardest substances known."

"Can it be destroyed by magic?"

"Possibly, but it's gonna take a lot of magic to do so."

"Perhaps I can be a bit of assistance" a voice suddenly said as they turned to see Nathan Nutcracker walking over to them.

"I have something that might make this a bit easier" he proposed as he pulled out his sword "My sword here can slice through anything, even hard substances. It should be able to destroy the Trigger."

Elena examined the sword with amusement as she accepted the offering.

"Thanks Nathan" she smiled as she turned to Amanda "Did you see where they were heading?"

"I'm afraid not" she shook her head.

"They're heading to the mines" Mira proclaimed "That's the best place to activate the Trigger."

"Well then, let's go shall we?"