Ch.81 Street talk

Down near some apartments, Francis was trying to escape from a flaming dog-like monster as she dashed towards the apartment and tried to run in, only to find it locked. Armed with only a hatchet, Francis knew she was no match against the flaming monster who growled while prowling towards her. But before it could attack, something blasted the monster with magic as it jumped back with a roar.

Francis looked up to see that Hope was using her cursed dark magic against the beast until it ran off.

"You okay?" the fairy asked her.

"Yeah thanks" Francis replied with relief "What was that?"

"The Yaoguai, it was the monster that nearly killed me and Frank when we were in the Dark Realm."

"Yikes" she bit her lip.

"My advice, if you ever run into it again, just run and hide."

"I'll do so" she nodded.

"Come on, I'll help you out."

They headed away from the apartment and onto a street where they battled some more of the crew members and some other monsters.

"Damn," Francis breathed while wiping blood off her arms "I've never felt this gruesome since, well, ever."

"You're telling me" Hope agreed "I may be cursed with dark magic, but I never thought I would use to kill."

"Well I was told that when we have to kill some people, remind yourself that you're doing it for a good cause."

"You're right" she sighed "I just hope this doesn't go on for a long time."

"Who knows," a voice suddenly said behind them "This war may go on for some time."

They turned around to see two animals who stood on their hind legs while wearing human clothes, one was a fox and the other was a cat.

"Oh man," Francis whined, "Not you guys."

"Sorry Ms. Wood" the Fox smirked, "But we're back."

"Wow," Hope remarked, "I never thought I would see you two in your original forms, I think I prefer your human forms."

"So did we" the Cat admitted, "I had fewer hairballs."

"So what are you guys gonna do?" Francis asked dully, "You gonna kill me?"

"Oh please," the Fox doubted "I know we're not the best beings, but we're not killers. We've been trying to avoid all the fighting that's going on."

"Yeah it's like World War III in this town," the Cat remarked, "How are you guys not dead yet?"

"I've been asking that myself" Francis muttered while wiping off some more blood off her skin.

"So why are you guys even here?" Hope questioned them.

"We don't know" the Fox shrugged "We just arrived out of nowhere, it's like this war wanted us here. But to truth is, we don't want any business in this."

"Well in that case-" Francis spoke, "If you're not gonna fight us, then why don't you help us defend this town?"

"Do we seriously have to fight?"

"It's just a suggestion, I mean if you guys aren't gonna do anything-".

"Francis look out!" Hope suddenly screamed as she pulled Francis out of the way on an incoming carriage that was heading towards them at full speed.

After backing away, everyone saw that the carriage was pulled by donkeys that were controlled by a very familiar man.

"You girls shouldn't play on the streets" he sneered at them.

"You" the girls growled at the Coachman, the very same one from their story.

"I must say Hope," he turned to the fairy "Turning me into a puppet was pretty clever."

"I'd be glad to do it again," she snarled while getting her magic ready.

"Shouldn't you save your power?" he sneered "Cause you look exhausted to me, you even have bags under your eyes."

At that point, she felt a smirk curl up her lips.

"You know what?" she said, "I was going to turn you into a puppet again, but I think I'll do later because right now, I wanna do this."

She used her magic to zap onto the donkeys which made them took off at a high speed as they tried to run in different directions. The Coachman tried to stop them, but they were so out of control that the carriage crashed into a lamp post, and at that moment, the lamp post tilted over into it fell right onto the carriage, destroying it.

"Oh!" everyone exclaimed as they burst out laughing while watching the donkeys escape from their binds.

"Haha, sucker" Francis teased as the Coachman turned to them with a furious look.

"Come on," Hope turned to Francis with a grin "We'll deal with him later."

________

In front of their hair salon, Sabrina and Stella fought against anything that went against them. With Stella using her sharp scissors and Sabrina using her frying pan and hair like a lasso, the sisters did everything they can against the crew members and monsters as they finished off the last of the goblins.

"You tired?" Stella asked her sister while breathing heavily.

"What do you think?" Sabrina breathed while wiping the sweat off her forehead.

"Come on, let's get inside."

They went inside their hair salon where they slumped down on the chairs.

"Man," Stella breathed tiredly, "I don't remember the last time I've felt this tired."

"My whole body is killing me" Sabrina muttered.

"Well we can't sit down forever, we gotta go back out there soon."

"I know" she sighed, "But first, we've gotta wipe all this blood and sweat off of us."

"Yeah" Stella nodded while looking down at the bloody scissors she had in both hands "I'm gonna clean my scissors too."

She got up and went to a sink where she began to wash the blood off her scissors.

"Hey Stella" Sabrina suddenly spoke.

"Yeah?"

"You and Kendell, are you guys still strong?"

"Well, I guess so, why you ask?"

"Oh nothing" she replied while twirling a strand of her auburn hair.

"Are you thinking about Aidan?"

"Well, yes and no. I know he's not the prince in my story, but who is?"

"You'll find out someday, there's no rush."

"Yeah but, I don't wanna wait too long, I mean you've already found your guy."

"Hey, love takes time, don't be desperate."

Sabrina let out a small sigh "You're right."

"Now you should really clean off all that sweat and-".

All of a sudden, a crash was heard in the back room as the sisters immediately grabbed onto their weapons. Being near the door, Stella made her way to it as she slowly opened it and peeked inside.

"You won't find anything in there" a voice suddenly spoke as they turned around to see a cloaked women leaning against the front door "Just a distraction."

The sisters froze in shock as they narrowed their eyes and growled.

"Gothel."