This Isn't True..

She says, "..Why Erudite?", because when she was younger and understanding the Factions, her brother and her made a blood pack (cutting palm of hand, connecting the hands together to fuse blood with other) that they'd both pick Dauntless, even if it killed them. Her brother grew up and when the time came, he chose Erudite. He didn't make it. He became Factionless, she became Dauntless. They never spoke and they never talked to each other. She presumes he's dead, and he presumes that she's living the Dauntless Life.

****************

"Why don't you care about me anymore, Eric? I've tried to listen to Four, I really have, but I can't. I've tried to smile, hoping that you'd notice and come back to me. I've repeated the words that you said on the rooftop over a million times, trust me, but it doesn't make sense. You say you don't want to hurt me, yet.. every single day, you're ruining me. You make me become a person that my parents would have never known. I want to change, because of you. I trained like hell, hoping that this would catch your attention."

I finally looked up at the man.

"I was hoping that if I trained, if I fought, if I did anything that the old (Y/N) didn't ever do, that would catch your attention, but it didn't... I finally gave up when I saw Jean and you going into your room."

I let a small smile come from above the tears.

"That night, I went to The Pit and I trained. I didn't stop 'till I passed out on the floor. Why don't you love me like her? I get that I'm not pretty enough, I get that I'm not as smart as her, but... why Erudite? Why her?"

Eric didn't say anything, he didn't even look away. He only put his hands on the railing behind my head. He leaned his head on top of my patched one.

"I have never loved someone as much as I love you, (Y/N). I swear to the person who found Factions, I hate being with Jean. I can't stand her existence, but I have to because if I don't.. she'll kill you."

I stared up at him. What? I looked at up at him confused and worried.

"(Y/N).. You're a Divergent."

I sat there, staring up at the ceiling. I'm what? No, no, no.

"Look at me."

Slowly, I turned my head to look at the person who ruined my life--almost.

"I'm what?"

"You're Divergent, (Y/N)." He put his left hand on my clean, left cheek.

Through the tears, I just smiled.

"Kill me."

"No."

"Why? I'm the enemy here, Eric. You hate me, I know you hate them. I've lived with the feeling of you hating me for four fucking years. Grab the gun and shoot me. Now."

He wiped the tears from my good eye, shaking his head. For once in my entire life, I saw something that I didn't ever think I'd see from him; tears on the rim of his eyes. This is nothing like Eric Colter.

I put my shaking hands on his cheeks, smiling up at him, "Please, Eric. If I have to be killed, I want to be killed by you.. Not the bitch in the blue."