Tired Fighters

I shrugged at the question. I can feel some parts of it but not a lot. When pain is inflicted on the right side of my face, I beg for more. I beg for more so I can feel alive, again. I enjoy the moments, because they make me feel a little less monstrous.

"I'm sorry if that hurt a little bit, I was just curious." She whispered, slowly walking away to go walk with Christina.

"It's okay to talk, (Y/N). I know you want to so bad." Four encouraged my voice.

"My voice that everyone once loved is gone, Four." I whispered, some parts not being able to hear since it was so rusty.

"Eric would enjoy it." He whispered back so only I could hear it and not the man behind us.

I kept silent at that. No, he wouldn't. He'd be so mortified by the sound of it.. I kept staring at my feet as they moved. Left, right, left, right, left, right. The sound of crunching leaves was the only thing that could be heard in the Dauntless woods. It was so peaceful. It was so much better than hearing skin-on-skin clashing against each other.

Everyone was silently walking, enjoying nature at it's best. Honestly, if it wasn't for so many Factionless coming here, I would actually camp here sometimes. Just to get away from the world. The cool wind clashed with the warm summer air. Both winning, but both losing at the same time.

"How long till we get there~?" Christina whined loudly.

I grunted at her breaking the once peaceful quietness.

"We'll get there when we get there. Now shut the hell up before I tape it shut." Eric threatened the raven haired girl.

He must be enjoying the silence too.

"We've been walking for ages." She snapped.

"It's only been 20 minutes." Will logically informed her.

"Ages." She repeated.

"Shut the fuck up." Eric growled, walking away from the line that they once formed. He got beside me, in front of their formed line.

"Here, I'll carry you." Will offered.

The way she was silenced told me that she didn't deny his offer. When her whining was over with, it went back to the peacefulness of nature. I took a deep breath, releasing it for the wind to carry on.

* An Hour Later *

Christina is snoring her head off, occasional grunts could be heard from Peter and Will, constant yawns from Tris would be heard from here and there, while Eric, Four, and I were quiet as a Stick Bug. I rolled my shoulders to make them pop, then my neck. I felt something grab my backpack strap, since today has been a fighting day, my reflexes were high.

I grabbed the person's wrist, looking beside me at Eric.

"Let me see it." He said, ignoring what I did to him.