Bandage 🏥

If it wasn't for the lost of feeling in my lips, I think I would've actually smiled up at the man despite the problem we now had to deal with.

"Can you move anything?" Eric asked me instead of the people that had supposedly taken care of me for almost a month.

The acid had caused nerve damage to the right side of my face, but from just knowing I wouldn't even look the same as I did before, I felt disappointment. My eye started to squint at the foggy memories, which began to replay in my mind like the best horror movie I've ever seen.

I want to cry. I want to scream. But where has that gotten me?

"Calm down, (Y)N). It's okay. He won't hurt you anymore." Four was quick to come to my emotional aid.

He put a hand somewhere on my body; a place I couldn't feel but what could I feel? I'm unable to blink or move my right eye around in it's own socket.

I can't feel my lips, or my tongue now that I really think about it.

"(Y/N), stop panicking. Look at me." Eric's order rung through my head like the screams of my own terror.

My nightmare became a reality in only hours. Lazily, my good eye rolled to look at him with such an expression that told anyone I was giving up all over again.

The emotions I had plbottled up from memory loss was becoming unscrewed as I thought.

His eyes were as intense as the day I had met him, but they had a more murderous tint to them today, tonight, whatever it was.

"He's gone. I made sure of it, along with his friends. They'll never touch you and he will never get to you again." Eric swore to me like a vow.

Unlike Four, his words brought a sense of confirmation with them. Leo's gone and I can rest. I can finally rest

"I need you to leave, it's time to change her bandages." A new voice broke through our mutual barrier we had created with only our eyes.

Kindness seeped off of every word, but just like Eric's, there was a hidden intent. Why is she showing negative emotion right now?

"We'll be back." Four caught my attention away from the new, feminine voice.

A reassuring smile poked through his lips, which was rare when it came with his personality.

"We promise." For once in a thousand lifetimes, Eric finally agreed with what the man on the left of me had to say.

It's been so odd and I haven't even been up for 12-hours. In the corner of my vision, I noticed Eric was leaning over the rails to do something.

I knew it was a kiss, but how could I be so sure of something I couldn't feel? As if that was the pinwheel to my story, I was knocked out.

Time : Two weeks later

It's been six whole weeks since the incident with Leo and his posse. Everyone involved with the assault had been banished to factionless due to violence towards own faction, uncalled for crime, and attempted execution to higher up.

Mysteriously, the exact same night they had been murdered right in front of the doors of Dauntless. Their blood was smeared across their faces as if they had fought some kind of battle, but the wounds in their bodies showed they didn't stand a chance.

I knew Eric had killed them once the news came to the medic ward. Max covered the story and I knew it was a favor towards me. I've been unable to take off my bandages officially, until today.

I'd still have to wear them every now and again, but it wasn't constantly. I felt suffocated in them, but I guess that comes with the healing process.

I lost feeling in almost every nerve on my right side, mainly on my face. I could feel some parts of my shoulder being touched, but it was still proved to be over half of my body being numb.

Doc says I won't be able to see out of my right eye at all--which was the most devastating part of this whole transition. Feelings in my lip finally came back, but my face will be permanently scarred.

"Do you want Eric to stay in here while we remove the bandages?" Victory asked me once she saw that Eric wasn't respecting her 'no'.

"Blink once if yes, blink twice if no." She added quickly, understanding I was currently a mute with silent thoughts.

I blinked once for 'yes'. I needed comfort more than anything today, and sitting in a room filled with people I wasn't close with brought a sort of vulnerability I wasn't ready to reach.

He rushed to my side like he had been doing for the past month. Once at my aid, he held my hand tightly but not enough to show violence towards me.

Everything was settled between the visitor and the medical professionals, the process of removing the soiled bandages begun. The process wasn't hurtful to my face since the nerves were chemically burnt, but the feeling was merely odd.

|| 9 ||