Relations 👥

I shrugged my shoulders lazily at the risk I knew very well since it has happened before, "The brat will just have to buy me a new shirt."

I say this so easily and dominantly, because I'm a leader. I know fights happen and there'll be bloodshed, but once the training process is over, their asses can pay for what they ripped.

His chuckled under his breath as he stood his full six-feet and five-inches, "That's my girl."

As we exited the plain Jane white living room, I grabbed my black leather jacket from the closet of the entrance. The wind from the train gives me chills every time.

Location : Base

When we completed our train ride to the main base of Dauntless, we began to walk towards the singular entrance of the faction.

It's actually not the only entrance to the place, but that's what we tell the new kids that choose Dauntless. You have to be fearless and it's a test to show us, the present leaders, who could be future leaders.

Once we finished jumping into the safety net, we walked into the familiar room where various conversations were being held by quite a selection of people, who have came from different factions.

Most were Dauntless born since Decision Day hasn't been held yet. I knew everyone in this room, from what factions they were originally from to the quirks of them.

Abnegation barely ever making their prude self available. Some of the people stuck in groups lifted their heads from their table to take notice of who walked through the doors.

Hand-in-hand, Leo and I made our way to the Leader's Table. It's not the official table, but it's always where you can find the leaders of Dauntless.

We train the new and the born-bred kids. We're not as high up in ranks, but we could move if we wanted to.

I sat beside my oldest friend, Eric Colter. The name always rung these halls like a silent prayer. He was far from holy. He was the tyrant of Dauntless. Mercy wasn't his thing and he was always quick to prove it.

Excuses should never come out of your mouth in front of him.

"Morning, brats." I smiled at the people I like to think of as friends.

The table was round so I had the privilege of seeing their morning faces; some were awake, some were struggling.

"Fuck off."

"Shut up."

"Morning, (L/N)." Eric topped off half of the replies like whip cream.

I turned my head slightly to breathe in his monotonous sight. Simply but mysterious hidden behind that stone cold barrier.

"Come on, how can you be so cheerful in the morning?" Victor, another leader that focused on shooting range, glared at me slight for being such a morning person, "What do you to do her in the mornings? Sex?"

Leo grinned widely at just the idea, "Nope. Just have to wake her beautiful self up."

I felt his left arm wrap around my shoulders, bringing my body close to his own. All of a sudden, Eric erupted from his seat like a old time volcano.

"Where are you going, Eric?" I questioned his short notice of leave, along with the fact he had barely touched his breakfast.

Our eyes made contact, his glacier blue ice burgs disrupting my own (E/C) eyes. He ignored me like speaking was out of the options.

I looked back at the others for the answers I didn't need to verbally ask flrt once Eric had walked out from the table publicly.

I winced softly as he slammed the doors shut, which were suppose to be automatic. Now that caught everyone's attention, and they feared for the training session of the day.

"What's up with him?" I finally interrogated what they knew.

He just woke up pissed again or did something finally tick him off? I looked up at my boyfriend, catching his smirk before he has the chance to erase it from his slick face.

My eyebrow immediately lowered at the actions as he pretended to care about Eric's situation.

The concern on his face was as genuine as a initiative being asked if they needed help.

"I don't know, cutie."

Finally, my eyes switched to the various of faces that watched my every movement as well. They either looked away with the knowledge they held to themselves, or shrugged off the strong man's irrational actions.

"You're hiding something." I stated, knowing the looks, "Is Eric okay?"

I brushed off Leo's arm as I rose from my seat's comfort.

"Did something happen to him?"

"(Y/N), you need to sit down." Leo ordered me--as if.

In the back of my mind, I was asking him who the fuck he thought he was speaking to me. But anyone could clearly see the concern on my face wasn't about Leo.

I moved my wrist away from his reach since I knew that was going to be his next instinct. It always is.

Victor sighed as he shook his head at me, like he was disappointed in my actions, "Go and see, then."

And just like that, as if he was giving me the permission that Leo had denied, I was taking off from the cafeteria. I needed to go see what was wrong with my closest friend.

Truth be, Eric and I have been friends since we both came here on our fated day. We were both newbies on the train that sat beside each other, or we had been paired by our leaders.

That or I had dumbly challenged him to spar with me, knowing damn and good well he could kick my ass.

|| 2 ||