Marks ♟️

This was the third time he has made an appearance since the second bandaging. All the time in the world, and he's been 'too busy' to see his 'best friend'.

I really am that horrible to look at now; my old friends won't even come check up on me. In my mind, it was devastating to learn I was actually beginning believe the words of Leo.

We had gotten into an argument over Eric and he had stated the truth, but I was too blind to realize it.

'Eric does not love you or anyone, and you're a fool for thinking he could love someone as nice as you.'

Now that I'm like this, I know for a fact Eric wouldn't have me, even as a friend.

"Very interesting. (Y/N), is it?" She questioned as if she was taking genuine feelings towards me.

I mentally rolled my eyes at the petty-nice that she was drowning her act in as Eric came to the opposite side of the scar. I turned my head closer to Max and Jean so he would only get a good view of the bandaging.

I wanted to hate this man. Not because he didn't stay by my side like he promised, but because he doesn't even act like he cares for me.

Simply because my skin isn't as perfect as it use to be. Let me tell you, that's a slam to the face. I hate that and I hate him for it. He's a liar and a player.

He's so confusing.

"I got good news, (L/N)." Max caught everyone's attention.

Am I going to finally be Factionless after all this time?

"You get to be release. Jean and Eric will assist you out of this area. I almost forgot," he proved to have more surprises up his sleeve as he pointed to the end of the bed.

I followed his pointing finger down to the end of the hospital mattress. I saw clothing and a white, plastic mask on top of the cloth.

"I know how you'll feel about this, so I got you something to cover up the bleeding bandages." Max seemed overly joyful on this day, which made me skeptical.

Max, too, had something covering his eye from a battle wound inflicted by another (now ex-) leader. Our difference was, it was only his eyes that he lost and competition.

"I'll leave you to it." He nodded off to the two extras, stepping away from my bed and to the door.

"Alright, Eric turn around." Jean barked at him.

All I heard was the squeak of his combat boots as he actually obeyed her. She pressed her knee to the side of the bed, holding her hands out for me to take like a child.

I wondered why this morning all the medical staff came to relieve all the needles from me. I guess they knew about this beforehand.

I rolled my eye at her actions, leaning forward from sitting up. It hurt like hell to move my body, but I'll be damned before I ask for her help.

"Okay, well, you can do that." She noted to herself, putting on blue surgical gloves.

She won't be touching any of my bodily fluids, so am I disease now? It's not like my face will be touched by her perfectly done fingernails.

I pushed the covers off of me with one hand, the cold air of the infirmary laying down a thick sheet of freezing temperature against my exposed skin.

I kept my neck as stiff as I possibly could to limit the movement. When I scooted to the edge of the bed, she didn't ask before she grabbed my wrists to put on top of her shoulders that were covered by a fancy blue blazer.

Grabbing my waist, she helped me balance on my feet. I've had physical therapy off and on, but it wasn't consistent enough to actually heal anything.

"You're doing good, (Y/N)." She praised me as if I was a lost puppy, on an adventure to find home.

|| She's an angel, but I wish she was dead ||