Cabin Unsafety

Slowly, I released the leader, letting him take the backpack off of my shoulders, not wanting to wake up the whiner. He put my backpack on top of his, still not making me feel guilty for him carrying all these things. He deserves it, plus he'll get more muscles for his Jean.

"Are we close?" Four asked, breaking my staring of Eric.

"Yeah, 30 minutes or more." I mumbled, popping my knuckles.

"Good, I don't think Will can carry Christina any longer." Four said.

Darkness fully consumed us by now. We were trained for this though--to see in the dark. Even though we couldn't actually see, we memorized the path that we had taken. Dauntless is trained to gather their surroundings and use them.

* 40 Minutes Later *

* 9:40 P.M. *

Finally.

"Finally." Tris muttered for all of us.

I got out my knife, no longer trusting the peace that the nature cabin brought to me. Something isn't right.

"What is it, (Y/N)?" Four asked me, watching my moves.

"Something's not right." I whispered, taking slower steps to the cabin.

"It seems like we just left it, (Y/N). What couldn't be right about it?" Peter asked, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Don't touch her." Eric muttered beside me.

I could tell that Eric had put his hand on Peter's wrist, because Peter's hand slowly deceased from my shoulder. As we got closer and closer to the cabin, my feeling got less and less sure of sleeping here tonight.

I prompt my foot onto the first step, making sure this time it wouldn't make a loud creak. This time, it made a slow creak that drugged out. Like last time, I skipped the two steps, hopping up to the porch. I put my hand behind me to signal them to not come in. I continued into the open door by myself.

They're too tired to fight. They'd just slow me down or get killed. I put my knife back into my pocket so the opposite person couldn't see it. I continued like I would've been okay with the place, lowering my shoulders. Mentally, I was challenging the invader. I walked between the wall and the stairs, but stopped.

My eye traveled up the staircase, the staircase that I didn't check. The staircase that I didn't know about. I grunted at my ignorance, about to turn around when I felt a hand on my shoulder. Quickly and swiftly, I grabbed the person's wrist, snatching them off of my body and pinning them against the wall beside us.

My eye only met a chest, though. Suddenly, the stronger person had me pinned against the wall with my wrists above my head.

"You really need to calm down." Eric growled in my ear.

Surprised, I looked up at the male. He was glaring down at me with darkness under his once light blue eyes. He was grouchy and tired. Maybe this big, bad wolf does have a bedtime.