Peter Vs. Tris ♟️

The Pit

Shoving the door open for a grand entrance, my attention was quickly alerted that two leaders and all of the initiates had their focus on me.

"Glad you could finally join us, (L/N)." Eric's voice leaked more sarcasm than my entrance held dramatics.

No words had to be spoken as my middle finger on my left hand lifted towards his face in nothing but disrespect. The silence my actions created made the doors slamming shut echo throughout the spacious room.

It wasn't hard to ignore the daggers metaphorically being thrown at me by Eric as a I made my way to Four.

I scratched my eye nonchalantly, knowing there was shit Eric could execute against me.

When leaders have disagreements either they talk with fists, or they just have raging hatred for the other. We save the tattle-telling for important accusations.

"Where were you?" Eric immediately directed attention on me instead of focusing the class on their next task.

Once more, thinking my point didn't get too far across his simple minded brain, I raised my left hand to flip him off again. I felt calloused skin wrap itself around my rough appendage, which made me jerk at the contact.

I stopped my second task, of rubbing my eye, to glare at the touch. Just because he is Eric Colter doesn't mean he can get away with anything.

"Eric, let go of her." Four's authoritarian side broke through, which would usually piss Eric off to no extent.

"Today," When Eric snatched his head back, Four began to start today's tasks, "we're going to be fighing for points."

That grabbed everyone's awareness, forcing them to grow anxious in their bones—that were probably going to be broken in a minute. 

"Fuck you." I muttered towards the closest alpha male to me.

"Only if you ask nicely." Eric muttered back, just as low so Four wouldn't hear either of us and give an unwelcoming scold.

"First up," Eric took steps beside Four, who faced the crowd of newbies, "Peter and Tris."

The mention of a certain blond had me on my feet instead of sitting on the rails. My observation of the room led me to Four grabbing Tris' arm. I'm sure he was whispering the wise words of 'don't get yourself killed'.

Looking up into his hard eyes, I could see the love and admiration she held for her leader and it made me wonder how much of it was simple platonic.

Yet, Four doesn't go out of his way to tell every pretty blonde in the room to not get choked out by a bitch boy. Tris nodded downward once before being the first opponent to step on the blue pad.

Peter was the next after getting hyped up by his posse of bitches. The first thing out of his mouth was an insult that had me gripping my toes down.

This guy survives off of nothing but distasteful words. If it took this much out of me to not beat his ass, I know it took Four twice as much.

What is the big deal it's him and Abnegation?

"You got this, Tris!" Christina, being the good friends she seems to always be, cheered on the female defense.

Two minutes later, Tris was already eating the blue mat. I could see the blood that spread from where he punch the hell out of her.

Eric called for a break, but that's only due to me getting down from my post. I had done broke from Four's grip, because I was ready to show Peter what it felt like to be lower in rank.

I shoved Peter off of her stiff body, knowing I was going to mark points off his chart due to lack of awareness. Just because you're on top of an enemy, doesn't mean there aren't others near by.

I grabbed her arm, not being easy as I picked her body off of the ground. I dragged her over to the corner of the room, knowing people were a good bit away from us.

"Where is she taking my fighter?" Eric growled to the initiates like any of them had a say so over me.

I flipped him off for the fourth time today, while Tris' back faced him.

"What is it, (Y/N)?" She sounded sorrowful, like she had already lost the war.

Just this one battle.

"Fight." I demanded, taking in the blood still trickling down her face and smeared across her cheek from where she tried to clean herself up.

She shook her head in disappointment, but I knew the disappointment she feared lies within herself. She wasn't worried about my opinion.

"I'm trying but he's so much bigger than me. He's a lot quicker too." She looked like a sad puppy that had been kicked, and I was ready to fight the assaulter myself.

The tears were on the bro of her eyes and it was enough to light a fire under me. How does she not feel the same?

"Enough with the tears. What will that fix? I don't care if he's three times your size, you get off your ass and you do something about it." I demanded, not being the best at this—but also not being the worse.

"I should just forfeit this one. I'm not going to win right now."

I looked at her bewildered, how could you just give up so easily? So what you got your ass kicked once?

"Sometimes, losing once is all it takes."

I hesitantly, grabbed the bottom of my mask that was sure to cover the markings of losing once. I looked down at the ground, feeling her eyes scan every inch of my ruined flesh.

I knew she needed to see the cut eye that would never be able to see the darkest of rooms or the brightest of days. I knew the skin she saw would never truly feel the wind against it again.

Because I lost one time.

"You lost one time.." She whispered to herself, the image branding itself to her memory core.

"This is what happens when you tell yourself 'it's jut one battle', when it's actually the war. I trusted one man and it made me weaker than I noticed."

"What are trying to say?"

I slipped the mask back down so I could look her in the eyes, "He's a weak duckling; he's all façade and he knows you're falling for it." I wanted her to see the difference between him and her.

She doesn't hide the fact she feels weak, but he does and that's already his weak spot.

"He's useless to Dauntless. Someone that isn't honest inside, will never make it here." I placed a hand in between her breasts, feeling her airflow and the pound of her racing heart, "You're special enough you might make it."

When she only stared at me with eyes still on the verge of breaking down, but chest calming down, I knew it was time for her to go back into the ring.

With her mind this time, not her bronze.

"Get your ass back in there before I knock him down."

"Thank you." She whispered so only our ears would be at ease. We recentered in Eric's eyes as he sat on the rails above the blue ring like he was an old religion's center point.

Peter stayed on the mat with his arms crossed and eyes looking for his victim.

Eric called the fight moments after she touched the arena, while I continued to make my way beside him.

"What did you say to her?"

"Not any of your concern."