Hatred of Some Initiates

"There are two stages of training. The first is physical, push your bodies to the breaking point and master the methods of combat. The second is mental, again breaking point, you'll face your worst fears and conquer them unless they get you first. You'll be trained separately from the Dauntless born, but you'll be ranked together. After initiations rankings will determine what jobs you move into. Leadership, guarding the fence, or keeping the factions from killing each other." Four started the prefer introduction to Dauntless for them.

"The rankings will also determine who gets cut." Eric finished for Four.

"Cut?" A black girl asked from the front of the crowd.

"At the end of each stage of training, the lowest ranking initiates will be leaving us." Eric simplified for her with a bit of attitude.

He doesn't like her.

"To do what?" A tall boy asked, confused.

Idiot.

"There's no going home to your families, so you'll be Factionless." Eric answered.

I could hear the amusement in his voice as he spoke the words. Bet he'd enjoy it better if I was Factionless.

"Why didn't we know about that?" A smart looking man asked.

"It's a new rule." Eric informed them, crossing his arms over his chest.

"'A new rule'? Somebody should've told us about that." The dark skinned girl snapped.

"Why? Would you have chosen differently? Or out of fear? Well if that's the case, you might as well get out now. If you're really one of us it won't matter to you that you might fail. Now you choose us, now we get to choose you." He smirked, leaning against the railing.

It's Dauntless, Kids. What did you expect? Don't be a fool.

"Now, who's ready to start shooting?" Eric asked them.

All of them looked worried and regretful of their choices. I walked from the pad to the door. They made a small space for me to walk through, staring at me as I walked.

"Follow her out." Four instructed them.

Some hurried to get behind me, being careful not to touch me, though, as they ran to catch up. I could feel their warmth and coldness that various individuals gave off. Some were determined to be the best of the best and some were worried about failing. They should be worried. This is Life and Death. I walked them out onto the roofs of one of the Dauntless Towers.

"So, uh, what's your name?" A brunette asked, getting in front of the large crowd.

I looked at him with an icy-cold look.

"Her name is (Y/N). She doesn't talk much." Tris stated for me.

"So, what? You only talk to Abnegation?" He insulted my past life.

I silently growled, throwing a knife to his ear. I barely missed it.

"That was a warning. If I were you, I would keep my mouth shut." Four warned him also, catching the knife before it got stuck in the wall.