The End?

"I know you can't speak, thank God, but listen to me," He started. I prepared myself for a speech, "I don't love you. I don't need to love you. I don't love Jean, if that's what your little mind has been thinking about. I don't even like her, but she's more demanding than anyone else and she has connections that I need. (Y/N), I want you to know that I tried to be there for you the night of the attack. I really did. I followed you 'till the door closed, but I didn't want to ruin anything with you two, because I saw how happy you were when you smiled at him. So, I just stayed back, but then.. I heard your yell. I heard you calling my name. Something in me snapped. I ran as fast as I could, I really did.."

His voice died down when speaking to me.

"When I got there, I didn't care if I killed the bastards or not. I only cared about getting you. I don't know why, but when I saw you not breathing anymore, I was about to just kill myself. I don't know what you're doing to me. I don't understand the feelings you give me when I see you. I'm not confessing to you. I'm not rejecting you. Just like you, I'm shutting people out. I don't want to get you hurt, because at every end of a relationship, you at least shut one person out, if you truly cared."

He sat beside me.

"Before you came into my life, I had known this one woman, though. She wasn't a girl but a woman. She was the light to my darkness, but.. She was taken from me, almost how you were about to be taken from me. I knew I couldn't let it happen. I know why they attacked you, (Y/N). That's why I'm not going to be around you much longer.. I'm not going to be the reason you die or get hurt. I'm not sorry about this and I never will be, because this is good for the both of us."

He stood from beside me.

"Try to find someone else to bring back that smile of yours, but be wise this time. I'm not going to be there again." He promised the both of us.

He stuffed his large hands into his pockets.

"I'll be waiting inside for you." Was all he said before walking away from me.

Once again, Eric, goodbye. I guess you truly don't care about me or about anyone. Maybe you're just as broken as I am, but it's not my fault and you shouldn't take it out on me. See ya.. I hope my smile never returns because of you. Because of you, I don't want to be fixed anymore if it's not by you.