Dream of a Dream of Terror

"Watch your fucking mouth, Eric."

We glared at each other in silence, mentally kicking and screaming at each other. I was the first to break the tension in the air.

"Do you still want the floor?"

"Better than being on a bed with you."

"Screw you too."

I got under the covers that was still warm from his body. I pulled the sheets up so that they reached to the front of my chest. I slid my hand under my pillow, taking in the scent that they gave off. I may hate him more right now, but his scent has always been able to calm me down in the worst situations.

I can't explain it, but it's so relaxing.. I pushed my feelings aside, pulling my knees to my chest.

"Mask." Eric said with anger in his voice.

I groaned loud enough for him to hear. I took the mask from my head and laid it on the side next to me so that I could just reach for it if something happened. Once again, I closed my (E/C) eyes, relaxing into the musky, Eric-smelling covers. I didn't bother to say goodnight or anything like that, I just allowed myself to drift off.

* 12 A.M. *

"I'm so glad that I didn't kill you."

I shot my eyes open at the sound of the voice. I flipped over to my opposite side to find Eric on the ground, his neck bleeding, and.. Leo on top of him with my knife. I jumped up onto the floor in a fighting position.

"What did you do?" I growled, anger suddenly taking over me.

"What? All I did was kill someone that was taking what was mine." He shrugged innocently.

He got up from the dead Eric. His eyes no longer having the blue that always took my breath away when I stared at him. He didn't even have a soul in him anymore. I growled, about to take a step but I couldn't. I couldn't move anymore. I couldn't do anything while Leo, the boy who made sure that I had never forgotten, took three steps towards me.

He put his hand on my neck, like he use to do, and gave it a squeeze. My body was frozen. My facade of toughness was gone. I felt tears running from both, yes, both, of my eyes. Why both? The only thing I could do was look up at Leo with both of my eyes, pouring out tears.

"Sh, sh. It's okay, (Y/N). I forgive you." He said, forcing my head onto his chest.

There was no heartbeat, there was no warmth, there was nothing.

"I.. hate you." I whispered, wanting, pleading to clench my fist by my side but nothing.

"Oh really? You know, I could just go kill all your other friends."

"Don't.. please." I whispered.

"Then tell me that you love me so much."

"I.. I.. I love Eric."