Killing ♟️

I took the opportunity of the boy being in shock to reel my leg back and kicked his head to the side. His body fell towards the direction I kicked in, falling opposite of the boy he had killed.

His friend's blood wasn't on my palms, but his. The shock of killing his comrade must be eating him alive, because when I straddled his chest with a knife in hand, from my combat boot, he didn't even wince.

"Who were you talking to?" I growled sharply in his ear, noticing my voice was raspier than ever do to the extra adrenaline rushing through me.

"I-I.. I."

"Start talking, or I get to stab your friend this time."

"I don't know! She gave us orders to capture you!" He shouted in my good ear.

"Wrong choice." I smirked under the mask, enjoying this session.

Raising my knife in the ear to give him time to process my actions, I brought it back down against the boy's throat. At least he didn't suffer with the knowledge he killed his friends for too long.

Placing my index and middle finger against my lips, I moved up to my forehead with them, down to my chest. From there, I went right shoulder to left shoulder.

"What-what is she doing?" Peter muttered beside me, clearly out of breath like he hasn't worked out like this in a hot minute.

Note to self, make him run more.

"Her parents studied old time religion from the people before us. This was her way of giving mercy to the dead."

Even though I brought him to death's doorstep with a red ribbon. Peter stayed quiet at this, which surprised me, but I didn't have to answer to him.

Retracting my weapon from the body, I removed myself from his corpse. I turned around on my heel to gather my dropped bag. I clapped my hands together in a fashion they could assume meant 'hurry up!'.

I could hear their boots crunching against the forest ground that told me they listened hastily.

"Who were they working for?" Peter announced the question we were all pondering ourselves.

I don't know anymore than he does, and it looks like Eric is in the same boat. I shrugged at his question, knowing that would never give this boy satisfaction.

"I don't know but that's probably why they wanted us to clean the area out. They're getting too close to the Dauntless base, too close to weapons."

Eric and I knew the priority to Factionless, which was get as many weapons as possible. Every knew the Factionless was the ones trying to bring a revolution, if you could say.

It's always been a theory, but never analyzed as a possibility.

Hour Later

No more observations of Factionless members after the first few, but my senses were tingling down to my toes. I felt the eyes and I knew they weren't the ones from my comrades.

I've been stiff the entire time, trying to track their movements. I needed to know how many, if they were armed and which direction were they more likely to strike in if they had an opening, before I engaged combat.

"We're being watched." Eric spoke casually like this was an every day event.

I nodded in agreement, unsure if he was eve focused on me to see my movement.

"How do you know?" Peter asked with sass, not understanding how we could feel such sensations.

Another note, train him better to be paranoid.

"I can feel it." Eric muttered in retaliation, "We stop here."

He had been since in front of me, so when he stopped I automatically dropped my bag.

"We should've gotten something to communicate with." Peter grumbled something halfway smart for the first time since I've known him.

Too bad, there's always a risk whoever is watching us, plus the higher ups in this faction, could overhear us like flies on the wall.

"They're fine."

"Are you so sure about that?" A female voiced asked, her voice spread out in the woods in front of us.

We all held our backs to the other, getting ready for a battle.

Swiftly, I got in a subtle stance for my next opponent. I put my hands in the front of my pockets, my eyes scanning the forest head of me.

"Yeah, we are." Peter spoke back, sounding confident.

I watched him from the corner of my eye get in his famous, and taught, attack move. His eyes may have been in front of him, but I knew his perspective was in the corner of his eyes.

"Funny. Because they're all dead."

Pinned. She's in front of me. I stared at the ground as if I was trying to access their footprints to see if they studied the land before we made it this far or not.