Chapter Two

As the rest of the students entered I let out a snarl as I realized Ruby was yet again another of them! It was like that girl was over me like a rash, where-ever I was she was there! It was unsettling. I zoned out while she introduced the other students but I'd pick up their names later! I began to dream.   

"Jessica! Jessica, please stay still!" I heard a motherly voice, my mother? I felt a tissue wipe across my chin and I giggled and pulled away.How old was I!? I must of been little as I couldn't reach my mothers face with my tiny hands. I couldn't see what she was feeding me.  

Suddenly a clicking hand appeared in my blurred vision. I followed the arm that the hand was clicking from and found the professor with one eyebrow raised looking right at me. I smiled sheepishly and she continued. "As I was saying! You'll be given a house to govern over. You're older years now and you need to set examples. There'll be a girl and a boy for each house. there have had to be some alterations to the running order though. I'll need Alex, Dionne,Joe, Vicki, Angelina, Callum, Ryan and Jessica."    I heard a whimper from Ruby as the professor spoke the last words.   "Ruby" she continued, "Is there a problem!?"   Ruby stuttered, went to say something and thought better of it. She closed her mouth and pouted whilst laying daggers into the back of my head, I could feel them as if they were real.   

"Good! Now where was I?" De'Lianndro caught her thoughts, " Oh yes! Now, the heads of each house will be sharing rooms and I'll show you to each one, unfortunately you cannot decorate these beds, they're in your house colours. It's irregular throughout the school that girls and boys are allowed to sleep together but in this instance we are expecting you to be calm and responsible! Now all like to follow me to your rooms and when we're ready to start the House Sorting I'll call you into the hall. Ruby I'm sure you're aware that you are relieved from your position and would you please return to your chambers prior to your Head room. Now follow me!"  

We were all herded down the endless corridors again until we came to another massive door. It was gilded with gold and had all the house colours on it. Those who had seen it before weren't that impressed but to me it was all new! I took in every smell, shade of colour and refection of light on the whole thing although I found as we entered the common room itself it was impossible to take in everything. There was too much around me! Chandeliers, bookcases, armchairs and sofas, mirrors and pictures! Some completely covering a quarter of one of the extensive walls! It was like I was in Louisiana Palace! As Professor flung open the double doors towards the back of the room another magnificent room much like the previous was revealed. In this room the pictures, sofas and armchairs were replaced with a circle of beds. Two for each house, the headboards were ornately carved with embedded jewels according to the house colours; Sapphires for Califray; Topaz for Leedadee; Emeralds for Demoreen and Amethyst for Westerlate. I looked around in complete awe and excitement. Before I knew what was happening De'Lianndro was out of the room, the TV was out the boys on the sofa and the girls sitting on their beds checking it all out. I felt Angelina's hands clasp mine and as I turned around she jumped on me and screeched,   

"OMFG!!"   Everyone turned to look at her as she got down sheepishly and apologized, I started laughing hysterically, by the time I'd finished I think they'd associated us as the weird ones. I really didn't care though! This was probably one of the best moments of my life! This place was incredible and I had a feeling I was going to love it here!!    

The House Sorting

  We made our way down to the staircase, we had to wait to be called in as House Heads. We were given uniforms with our house colours. As we sat down on a separate table we watched the people go up to be sorted. Only a few people swapped though, a younger year with ginger hair and a face so full with freckles and spots it was impossible to tell where his eyes were and then a middle school girl with bushy eye-brows and a short, stout frame. Last of all before us was Lianna, she was switched to Westerlate. Then it was our turn.