Total Eclipse Of The Heart

Chapter 27

Louis' point of view

Today just didn't feel right. There was something definitely up.

I reached to check the newspaper.

Ew. I turned to the next page quickly.

Still, tweeks after my infamous story telling we were still front page.

How typical.

I still felt awful. It was horrible really to think that everyone believed the story, and knew it. I mean, the newspaper interview was on the edge of being believeable.

But this? THIS?!

They weren't meant to believe it, they were meant to suspect something was up. I'm obviously a lot more convincing than I expected.

How did the media really believe this? Gullible fools.

"Louis," Zayn emerged into my room. Whoa, invasion of personal space much? Why was he in my room? "Paul wants to talk to us all." he gulped nervously.

"Oh stuff him." I retorted.

"Something's up." Zayn said.

Well, I knew that...

The ray bands Zayn was wearing fell to his nose slightly as he noticed my expression.

"Seriously, just come." He sighed, walking out of the room, beconning me to follow him.

Zayn look did look serious.

He raised his eyebrows at me. Not a slight smirk played on his lips. This persuaded me more than anything that there was something really serious up.

So, I got up.

I grumbled as I did though; wrapping my dressing gown around myself. Saving me from the notoriously cold corridor.

"Just through here." Zayn said without the slightest emotion.

I did what I was told and he shut the door quietly as he also entered behind me.

We were never usually allowed in this room. In fact, I'd never set foot in it. Just glanced at it but never thought much of it due to it's plain outcome.

The walls were plastered white and there was a dark brown table and chairs in the centre of the large, but almost empty room.

There was a single open window, blowing cold air into the room; the simple white curtains attached to the window flew ferociously forwards. Yet, no one seemed to even notice the icy breeze. It matched the room's dullness.

As I very much expected, the other three boys sat at the table with Paul at the head.

I slid quietly onto a seat beside Liam. He looked at me and pulled an 'I don't know what's happening but we have to stay quiet' kind of face.

Usually I would've at least said something to him, but... I would feel out of place, right now, to make any kind of obvious noise, since the whole room was tediously silent.

When I say silent, I mean it, Harry wasn't even drumming his fingers impaitently on the table (as I assume I was late), Niall wasn't farting or even making some kind of constapated face to stop his farts from creating a sound and Liam wasn't humming away to some unknown Leona Lewis song.

Either Paul had actually trained these animals successfully or there was something definiate up.

Paul looked at me, then at us all.

"Boys, I've called you here, to the white room, this morning to talk to you about something really serious that has happened. Not only for your career, but also mine."