Use Somebody

hello:) wrote this chapter pretty quickly which is unlike me! i really want to finish this fanfic by the summer holidays (in less than a week:D) but i don't see that happening since i have 6 chapters that i plan to still to go! thank you for your comments and votes it really motivates me to keep writing!

also, i thought i'd just say the not all songs in the chapters are by one direction but they've done covers of those songs whether it was in the x factor or on tour!

please don't forget to comment, vote and fan:)

Chapter 24

Nagini's point of view

So, the truth was out. The whole world probably believed their pathetic 'animal' story, because who wouldn't? We're back to our ordinary life; the usual. I guess it's for the best.

Alex had been pacing the room for a long time after hearing the intense reading of the newspaper. She had her fingers in her mouth; tapping them on any object she came across once in a while. She was more of a thoughtful one. We all knew, however, there was nothing she could do.

"Right, I'm fed up with this." demanded Alex, stepping up in front of us all lazily lying on the furniture. "You know, those boys promised us things and, well, as you know, they didn't keep those promises! They've gone galloping off to their old lovely lives, pretending we never even fucking existed!"

"Alex," whispered Corinne calmly. "There's nothing we can do."

"Yes there is." insisted Alex, strutting over to the phone hanging loosly on the wall.

She pulled the phone off dramatically and started dialling something. The rest of us sat, cringing, waiting for the worst.

A sudden loud beep and a robotic, female voice echoed the room. "Recently contacted numbers. 07532158952, 016842681, 999. Press 1 to call first number. Press 2 to call second number. Press 3 to call third number."

Alex pressed a button while we all stared in awe at her sudden realisation.

She then pressed the phone up against her ear and waited.

"Hi," she spoke clearly into the phone. "Hi Paul."

My heart jolted. She had found Paul's number. She was a lot smarter than I had anticipated.

"Yes."

She bit her lip. "It's Alex. The girls the boys left. Yeah, remember us?"

A low muffling voice came from the phone.

"Yes, but er no. Wait, Paul." she rushed quickly. "We saw that newspaper interview sent out... Apparently we're bears and rabbits now? That is very interesting."

She then waited for a long time; as time passed the voice on the phone gradually grew louder and louder. She tried to butt in many times but the voice just continued to talk over her. Her face turned very red.

Finally she spoke, in a high pitched painful voice. "They don't?"

"Not at all?"

She breathed out deeply.

"Okay then."

Slowly, she pushed the phone back into its slot and slumped down the wall.

"What happened?!" I screamed instantly, running over to her crumpled body.

The other girls followed.

"Yeah!"

"Did you speak to Paul?"