5 : E D E N _ C L U B [4/4]

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, the blue-haired Traci began to speak.

"When that man broke the other Traci... I knew I was next..." Her LED was yellow as well.
"I was so scared... I begged him to stop, but he wouldn't..." she looked at the ground for a second. "And so I put my hands around his throat, and I squeezed... until he stopped moving..."
Connor, Hank and you all looked on in disbelief.
"I didn't mean to kill him... I just wanted to stay alive... get back to the one I love." She grabbed the other Traci's hand and held it tight. They looked at each other for a moment.
"I wanted her to hold me in her arms again... make me forget about the humans... their smell of sweat... and their dirty words..."

"Come on." The short-haired Traci said to her "Let's go." They looked at Connor one more time before climbing the fence and disappearing around a corner and into the darkness of the night. Connor turned around to you and the Lieutenant, a look of concern riddling his face. "It's probably better this way..." Hank told him.
Connor looked at the ground, seemingly distraught, before his LED turned blue again. He walked over to you still sitting on the ground and crouched next to you.

"Are you alright?"
You looked at him. "Connor... Your... your nose, it's... bleeding...?"
"Don't worry about that. None of my components are critically damaged." He tried wiping it off with his sleeve, but it didn't do much. "Are you hurt?"
"I'm not sure... My head sure hurts like a bitch..." you reached out to touch the back of your head... and felt something warm.
"Aw, crap..." You muttered.
"What do you mean aw crap? What is it??" Hank asked with a look of genuine worry.
You looked at your hand.
"You're... bleeding." Connor noted.
"Ah, fuck... Let's get you to the ER!" Hank exclaimed.
"Wait, let me scan her first." Connor suggested.

After doing so, he looked at you.

"(Y/N), you appear to be suffering from a mild concussion. The bleeding isn't strong and nothing to worry about. It should stop very soon. Although this is nothing too alarming, I would suggest seeing a doctor either way, just to make sure you're okay." He explained.

You weren't too fond of doctors or anything of the sort, and looked away.
"I... I don't know... I think I'll be fine." you mumbled, while trying to get up, and failing. Luckily, Hank and Connor were there to help.
"You sure about that, kiddo?" He looked at you as he helped you stand up, raising an eyebrow.
"Yeah, I just wanna go home and get some rest." You responded, trying your hardest at hiding the fact you had trouble standing without faltering.
Hank sighed. "You're such a pain, (Y/N)... Let's get you home then..."
"Lieutenant, I don't think th-"
"She'll be fine, Connor. Believe me." He interrupted the android. "I know her."
You smiled brightly at your android partner who looked at you in slight confusion, or was it perhaps worry...? "I really appreciate your... concern, Connor. But seriously, I'll be okay."

Hank drove you home with you and Connor in the backseat of the car as usual, while you carefully rested your head by the window.

The whole ride, Connor glanced at you occasionally, scanning you to check if you're okay. You noticed his looks and it made you increasingly nervous...

"(Y/N)?" Connor spoke up after a while, out of nowhere.
"Huh? What?" you looked at him confused, your heart beating fast.
"I don't mean to alarm you, but your heart-rate is elevated... Are you feeling alright?"
You felt your face heat up in an instant. "I, uh, I... I'm just..." you stammered. "I, I've just been thinking about all that happened today, y- you know? It was pretty... thrilling, I guess... Not necessarily in a good way though... and..." You noticed that you started rambling again and sighed.
"... Nevermind."
Connor looked at you with his brows furrowed slightly but didn't question you any further.

Shit... That was awkward...

As you pulled up at your house, Connor got out of the car and to your side to help you get out.
He held out his arm for you to hold on to and just as he began walking you down to your door, Hank spoke up. "Uhm... Connor?"
"Yes, Lieutenant?" Both of you stopped and turned around to look at him.
"Uh... Do me a favor and make sure she's alright, will ya?"
Connor responded by nodding.
"Guys, really now? I'm okay." You uttered.
"Look, kid." Anderson paused. "I just wanna make sure you're doing alright. I'm gonna go home to sleep this damn hangover off, 'kay?" He looked at Connor. "And as much as I'd like to, I believe detective tin can over here is in a much better condition to help you out than I am at the moment."
You sighed. "Fine then... See ya, Hank. And thanks."
"Take care, kiddo." Hank smiled at you before driving off and Connor escorted you all the way inside your house.