chapter 41: jyp audition

"Annyeong... haeseyo. My name is Yoo- Yoojung, Choi Yoojung. Today... I will... I will be presenting to you a dance piece... BTS by "Fake Love"- Oh, pardon me, "Fake Love" by BTS. My second piece will... be... a singing piece - "Spring Day" by BTS. I'll look after you well! No- I'm sorry, I mean, please look after me well!"

Yoojung was finally at her JYP audition - the audition she had signed up for a few months ago, the company she had wanted to get into ever since she had started practising dancing again. Yet, she had somehow lost her ability to speak. In front of her was a row of three judges, comprising of Park Jinyoung, the CEO of JYP Entertainment; Momo, a member of the popular girl group - TWICE; and Jackson, a member of the popular boy group - GOT7.

"You seem kind of nervous, do you want a sip of water?" Jackson smiled kindly at Yoojung, unscrewing one of the bottle caps of an unopened water bottle and offered it to Yoojung.

JYP busied himself with looking down at Yoojung's profile, as Yoojung walked forward towards Jackson and took the bottle from his hands. She managed a smile and bowed slightly, before taking a small sip of water.

"Are you alright?" Momo smiled and took hold of Yoojung's hand.

Momo's grip truly made Yoojung feel more at ease, but she was far from alright - simply because she was stuttering not because she was nervous. Yoojung was distracted and distraught. Just moments ago, so many things had happened before she came into the audition room.

Her boyfriend had not fulfilled his promise of coming earlier to give her moral support, she had called her boyfriend only to have another girl pick up her phone and finally... she saw a photo of her boyfriend carrying another girl. Not just another girl - a girl she personally knew and had a long history. How was anyone supposed to be alright after hearing all that?

"Yes, sunbaenim." Yoojung lied through her teeth and forced herself to smile. "I am alright."

Momo smiled at her. "Listen, just stay calm and do your best, alright? Everything will be fine."

"Thank you, sunbaenim." Yoojung smiled back at Momo, before walking back to her place in the centre of the room.

JYP looked up from his papers, when he realised Yoojung had walked back to the centre. He smiled slightly at Yoojung, much to her surprise. "So, tell us which of your songs will you be performing first?"

"Um... well..." Yoojung thought for a while. She would be exhausted after dancing... so she should probably sing first, so that she could breathe properly while singing. "I... I'll be singing first. I... w- will be singing "Spring Day", by BTS."

"Go ahead."