chapter 27: anger that never lasts

"So do you forgive me? Oppaaaaaaa~~~!"

Yoojung whined, inching towards Jimin and tugging on his sleeve. Jimin glanced at her and turned away with his arms folded and a small "hmph!".

"Are you really gonna keep being like that?" Yoojung frowned, also crossing her arms. "If you're gonna keep being like that, I'm gonna leave!"

Jimin looked over at Yoojung with his eyebrows raised. "Really?"

"Yeah!" Yoojung pouted, her arms still folded.

"Wait... Why are you the one being angry now? I was supposed to be angry!"

Yoojung almost smirked, but she tried to keep a straight face. "If you're angry, I'm going to keep being angry too! So stop being angry!"

"Alright, fine, fine, fine..." Jimin smiled a little. "Happy now?"

"That's much better." Yoojung's face broke into a wide grin. "Oppa! Don't frown anymore next time, you look way more handsome when you smile." Yoojung snugged up to Jimin, taking him by surprise.

Jimin let out a sigh. "I somehow feel like I was just tricked..." But nevertheless, he smiled slightly and stroked Yoojung's head. "Next time you have to listen to oppa, got it?"

"Got it." Yoojung smiled.

"Alright, that's enough for now." Jimin grabbed hold of Yoojung's shoulders and held her upright, looking into her eyes. "Your audition is coming real soon... but you haven't practised enough yet, have you?"

Yoojung sighed. "My stupid allergy... Now how am I gonna practise-"

Jimin grinned. "That's why... I called Taemin and Jongin to come help! They'll meet us this Friday, one day before your audition."

Yoojung yelped. "Taemin-oppa... and Jongin-oppa...? But Jimin-oppa! They're too good, how can I ever waste-"

Jimin knocked Yoojung on the head. "You're saying I'm not good, aren't you? I help you everyday!"

Yoojung frowned, fiddling with her hospital clothes. "No, that's different. You are you... but they are..."
Jimin smiled and patted Yoojung on the shoulder gently. "Don't worry about that, Yoojung-ah. They're my friends! They said they were more than happy to help!"

"But-"

"Yoojung-ah, listen to me." Jimin held Yoojung firmly by the shoulders, turning her to face him. "This Friday, just go and practise with Jongin and Taemin-"

Yoojung gasped. "Oppa won't be there?"

Jimin smiled warmly, stroking her hair gently. "I'm having afternoon classes, remember? Don't worry, they'll take good care of you. I'll come pick you up after class."

"But... I need you to be around!" Yoojung looked at Jimin with big, pleading eyes.

"Oppa has to work... I'll fetch you for your audition the next day! Alright?"

"Alright then..." Yoojung sighed. "You promise?" Yoojung held out a little pinkie and looked at Jimin expectantly.

Jimin laughed and hooped his little pinkie around hers, before flashing her a small but genuine smile.

"I promise."