chapter 32: dates before mates

"So... how's her progress, seonsaengnim-deul?"

Jimin dropped by the studio after his afternoon lessons to see Yoojung hard at work, practising the choreography of "Fake Love" together with Taemin and Jongin.

Yoojung turned around and saw Jimin leaning against the door frame, one hand holding his sling bag, with a huge grin on his face. Yoojung's eyes widened and she skipped towards Jimin, shouting, "JIMIN OPPA!!!" loudly.

Jongin walked over to the stereo to turn off the music, while Taemin laughed as Yoojung jumped into Jimin's arms, causing him to walk a few steps back to find his balance. Jimin chuckled.
"Did you miss me?"

Yoojung grinned. "Totally."

Jongin tut-tutted and shook his head as he walked towards the happy couple. "Sorry to interrupt your happy moment, my dear Jimin and Yoojung, but there are other people here in the room."

Taemin coughed loudly.

Yoojung laughed shyly, while Jimin pursed his lips and put Yoojung down, looking slightly embarrassed. "So... how's her progress?"

Taemin walked over as well. "Daebak. I would say, she's overprepared for her audition at JYP."

Jimin and Yoojung laughed, before turning to smile at each other.

Jongin laughed dryly. "There's something not so good though..."

The smile on Jimin's face immediately disappeared. "What?"

"She should be auditioning at SM instead."

Jimin laughed, before hitting Jongin jokingly in the shoulder. "You're only saying this out of bias, dear SM Choreograher-nim."

Jongin had recently joined SM as a choreographer and had never stopped bragging about it.

Taemin laughed, before rolling his eyes. "Please, make him stop. He has been telling me the whole day how he choreographed this amazing dance routine for EXO a few days ago."

"It was good though, right?" Jongin grinned cockily.

"Passable," Taemin said, before receiving a hard smack on the head from Jongin. "OW! Alright, fine. The best I've seen, happy?"

Jongin raised his eyebrows and grinned. "Slightly better."

Taemin rolled his eyes.

Jimin chuckled. "Guys, I'm here to pick Yoojung up. So we shall make our leave now so that you can continue your catfight." He slung an arm around Yoojung and Yoojung smiled up at him sweetly. He grabbed Yoojung's bag from the floor and swung it around his other shoulder. "See y'all," Jimin said with a grin, before turning around and leading Yoojung towards the exit.

"Ya! What about the treat that you owed us since last month?" Taemin shouted after them.

"Yeah! You said you were gonna buy us meat!" Jongin added. "Where's our meat!"

"Another day, I'm not free today!" Jimin walked out of the room, not even bothering to turn around and take another look at his friends.

"Ya! Where are you going! I need my meat today! I'm so hungry!" Jongin shouted back.

"Yeah! Why not today!" Taemin yelled.

Though only Yoojung could see it, Jimin grinned.

"I'm going on a date with my girl."