chapter 28: the dreaded encounter

"See you, oppa!"

After a few days, Yoojung was finally well and had been discharged from the hospital with approval from the doctor. She felt energetic and happy all over again. Jimin, who had stayed with her in the hospital for those few days, dropped her off at the ONE MILLION STUDIO to practise dancing with Taemin and Jongin, before he headed back to school for his own class.

"I'll come pick you up at 6, alright?" Jimin smiled, leaning out of the window to give Yoojung a goodbye peck on her lips before driving off.

Yoojung watched as Jimin's car disappeared round the corner, before walking slowly into the ONE MILLION STUDIO building. However, when she reached the door, she heard a familiar voice call out her name.

"Yoojung-ah!"

She turned around and there she was. Seungyeon, again. Why did she have to see her again? She had never seemed to bump into Seungyeon but ever since Jimin had seen her, Seungyeon seemed to be back in her life. What did she want from her?

"Oh, annyeong... Seungyeon-ah..."

Seungyeon walked towards Yoojung with a huge smile on her face. What's up with her, Yoojung thought. Had she really forgotten everything she had done to her... or was she pretending that nothing happened... or was she trying to make amends for all that she had done?

Yoojung's thoughts were cut short when Seungyeon grabbed her hands. She had a worried frown on her face. "Yoojung-ah... You looked really pale that day and I heard that you went to the hospital... are you alright?"

Yoojung was surprised. Seungyeon's sudden actions had caught her off guard, but somehow... that tone of voice, those facial expressions... all seemed familiar to Yoojung. It almost seemed like... the old Seungyeon. The Seungyeon who used to bake cookies with her, the Seungyeon who looked after her when she was not feeling well, the Seungyeon who chased her around playgrounds, playing and laughing in the sand...

"Yoojung?"

Yoojung snapped back to reality and forced a slight smile. "Oh... yeah, I'm feeling better." She paused for a moment. "Wait... how did you know?"

Seungyeon smiled, patting Yoojung's head. "Oh, it's Taemin-oppa! He told me. Or was it Jongin- oppa?" Seungyeon laughed. "Anyway, it was one of them."

She knew Taemin oppa and Jongin oppa too? Yoojung forced another smile. "Oh, I see." She looked at her watch. "Oh! I'm running late, I got to go."

But Seungyeon grabbed hold of her wrist again and frowned. Yoojung was confused. Seungyeon looked sad, pitiful and almost kind of... remorseful.

"Yoojung-ah, can you spare me some time?"