chapter 12: the bag of cookies

"I'd better keep this well before Yoojung arrives."

Yoojung walked towards the studio later that afternoon after agreeing to meet Jimin there after her class. He heard Jimin talking to himself even before she entered the room. When she walked in, Jimin was holding some sort of translucent plastic bag tied with a fancy purple ribbon, containing what looked like cookies.

"Jimin oppa, what is it that you're holding?" Yoojung said as she approached Jimin slowly from behind.

Jimin turned around to face her, simultaneously hiding the cookies behind his back. "Nothing," he said with a suspicious smile. He dropped the cookies into his bag behind his back and leaned forward to hug Yoojung.

Yoojung, however, was too sharp to be fooled. "Jimin oppa, you do realise that there's a mirror behind you, don't you?"

Yoojung avoided Jimin's embrace, ducking around him and making a quick one towards his bag. She reached into his bag and pulled out the bag of cookies, before spinning around to face him with a smug expression on her face. "What is this?"

Jimin laughed anxiously. "Cookies! For you... Yoojung-ah."

Yoojung scoffed. "Don't bluff. Which girl gave this to you? Let me go find her and have a serious talk with her."

Jimin laughed and tried to snatch the cookies out from Yoojung's hand but Yoojung was too quick for him. She stepped back, causing to Jimin to almost fall over himself.

Jimin regained his footing and chuckled. "Yoojung-ah, let'd not make a big fuss about this, alright? It was from one of my fans! She said she put in a lot of effort to bake it last night, so I couldn't bear to reject her." Jimin pursed his lips and walked towards Yoojung, a pleading expression on his face. "If you want, you can eat it up for me, how about that?" Jimin tugged on Yoojung's sleeve gently, causing her to look at him. "Yoojung-ah!"

Yoojung folded her arms, finally relenting. "Fine. I'll keep this in my custody first. I'll decide what to do with it later," she walked a few steps away before turning back to look at Jimin. "Depending on your behaviour."

"I knew you were the best, most understanding girl on this planet!" Jimin wrapped his arms around Yoojung and lifted her into the air, swinging her around for a few moments, before finally putting her down.

Yoojung burst into a fit of laughter. She always enjoyed it when Jimin lifted her and swung her around like that. "Let's go, oppa. I need to practise for my audition coming up next Saturday, remember?"

Jimin smiled. Of course he remembered. Yoojung had been disallowed by her parents to train to become an idol when she was younger. They forced her to take up a course in university and graduate with a degree, so that she could have "a brighter future," they said. But Jimin knew what Yoojung's passion truly was - it was singing, dancing, performing.

Ever since Yoojung's appearance on the show and showing everyone, including her parents, how good her singing and dancing skills were, they decided that they couldn't let her just pass up such a good opportunity while she's still young. Ever since obtaining her parents' permission, Yoojung had been training hard with Jimin for her audition into JYP Entertainment.

Jimin beamed at Yoojung. "I'll help you so that you'll definitely pass this audition."