5

Now this is going to be difficult.

"I'm just his coworker and his friend and we share the same house,only because of the work. Yeah. Nothing more. Thats it." I said only what she is supposed to know.

"You aren't lying only to me but you are lying to yourself too." She chipped and move to my cupboard. I frown.

What she mean?

"Lets get ready for the club."she chipped changing the subject...

"Yeah.. umm Heather. Its really nothing like that what you are thinking. Nothing is going on between us. You are telling this because you are my only friend other that aryan at our work. I just share some of my problems. Only you know something about me. A little. Maybe you have just jump on some conclusions. And i live in the same house because of the office work, The assistant have to be available for the boss everytime. If i wasnt his secretary i would not be in the same apartment. And You know that. " i explained blubbering on my own.

But why im even explaining.??

Am i explaining to her or myself ?

"Should i prove it to you?" She smirk

"Prove me what?" I ask widening my eyes.

"He feel more for you ...more than just like you as a friend?" " she smirk again.

Do i want to know the truth?

Or maybe i know the truth already? But I'm not ready to face it?

Oh no. Things will get complicated more.

Umm ... oh god..

"Say something. .?"she wiggled her brows while smirking.

"Okay. As your wish. But if you are not able to prove it then this discussion is over for forever " i narrow my eyes at her while getting up from the bed.

"Done." She chimmed with happiness as she handed me a black dress.

I make my way to washroom to get ready.

"Hurry up girl. Today you have to make your boss droll over you." She chipped from the other side of door.

Ohhoo why the fuck I'm blushing.

Umm oh fuck.

It sounds like a boss and assistant romance novel for a moment but the reality is far away from it..

"Stop it Heather." I said coming out of the washroom wearing that black dress.

"Aww shanaya. .. you are so adorable." She chipped.

A simple sentence. A simple sentence bring out thousand of memories from the past which i want to forget.

Oh god.

Can i move on?

Ever?

Is she right about Aryan?

Oh god what the fuck I'm in?

Can't my life be simpler or less complicated?

***

I gulp down one more shot as it burn my throat on its way down to my belly. Leaving that strong burning effect left behind And the loud music of the club deafening my ears.

But damn ! That was fun.

I look up at Heather who is grinning from ear to ear at my direction.

"You not gonna drink?" I asked as i notice her busy with her phone while keeping an eye on me.

"No. I'm here just to babysit you. Not to pamper myself." She chipped laughing but i think i notice that little sarcasm in her sentence.

Uh..oo..

That should be sound concerned but to my brain that sounded a 'disrespect'.

"What do...you." i pause.."mean by baby sitting.?". I cringe at how soft i sound. She look at me confusingly.

"I'm not a baby. I can take care of myself " i roll my eyes and gulp another shot experiencing the same burning in my throat.

"Aww shanaya. You are such a baby. An adorable baby. We just want you safe. Nothing else. " she sound amused.

"I. Am. Not. A baby. " i say to her word by word and took a shot again.

Oh god! Today i wanna get tipsy like hell.

"Aryan told you to babysit me, right?" I glance up at her with a smirk on my lips as i know the answer already.

"Yeah. Maybe or maybe not." She glance around nervously.

I just roll my eyes. They think I'm a baby. Who can't even take care of herself.?

For fuck sake, I'm a grown up woman.

I roll my eyes again.

"He will be here any moment. So he will do the rest of the babysitting and I'm gonna go now to have some fun for myself " she yell over the loud music and wink at me.

I flash a smile at her and see her getting disappear in the crowd.

Here i am. Alone again. Like always.

I turn around in the bar stool. Observing people grinding on eachother while some dance their ass off on the dance floor.

Very familiar memory flashes through my vision.

Oh god! Will my past ever leave me alone?

Oh fuck. Why cant i move on?

For God's sake, he must be having fun while fucking someone, then why can't i be happy?

Life is never fair. Never.

I need to move on.

With this thought roaming in my mind. I step down from the barstool and make my way to the dance floor.

I move my hands in air and wave my body with the beat of music.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter...

Please
Vote
And
Comment...