37

Thank you so much for all the love and votes.

He stood up with me still in his lap and turn to put me on the bed softly. Giving me a gentle push he make me lay on the bed as he too came to lay beside me. He tuck his one arm under my head and pull me closer to his warm body. He is calm now but I can hear him snuffling softly. He began to play with my hairs as I make myself comfortable in his arms.  He clutch my one hand in his with a light grip.

He clear his throat.

Oh damn. Is it really happening? 

"When you went away..." he began

Yes it is. Yeas it's really happening.

"I was really heart broken. I was not able to digest the fact that somebody else can control me. I'm the one who has power. Always.  But at that moment I was powerless. Hopeless." He choke so I lift my head to see him.

"Please don't look at me. " he pleaded "until I'm finished.' He added.

How bad it is that he don't want me to look at him while he say that?

I put my head down in his chest again as he continue to play with my hairs again.

"I knew from the beginning that the baby wasn't mine. Every man knows if the baby is his or not,  But I need to prove it because I was so tired of all of shreya games. So I decided that I will play along with her games until the baby is born.  Because whose ever the baby is, baby is innocent.  Days passed one by one. Her baby bump was growing but she was getting more and more clingy day by day. I try to make my distance from her all day and night. She took full care of me to make   a space in my heart again. But no, that place was already filled, by you sanyukta. " I feel him placing a small peck on top of my head but I did as he say. I didn't look up at him.

"On the other hand I was continously searching for you. I was giving all my efforts to make granny better again. Best to best doctor and best to best detectives I contacted.  But no. Neither any improvement in granny's health nor any information about you.  I thought God was punishing me for hurting you. I have hurt you so much sanyukta. Don't you dare to say no because I know I did." His voice change a little stern but come back to calming voice when he continued while I just continued to lay still on his chest. Neither moving nor speaking.

"Then there came a day around after six months that incident happened.  Varun found something fishy in Aryan's activities.  It made me suspicious too because aryan told me that one of my company is going downhill in finance so he will go and take care of it but I didn't hear anything about that downhill other than him. So one day I called him and told him that I'm coming to meet him. He tried his best to cancel the meeting but I didn't let that happen. He told me to that I don't need to bother coming he will visit me himself. At that moment I was totally agree with  Varun that something was really fishy with Aryan.  So I being the stubborn I'm,  showed up at his house without any notice. " I nearly gasp.

He visited the house I was living in. Can't he just meet me once. See me once. Ask me how I'm?? I was dieing all those days to have a glimpse of him.

I wanted to ask him all of these but I keep my mouth shut.

"The first thing I met, when I enter through the door, was your scent. Your scent which seem to taste like a mixture of strawberry and vanilla. And it didn't took my long to put one and one together. I was betrayed by my best friend.  And that's when he emerge out from one of the room and I almost beat him to a pulp." His grip on my hand tighten as like he can still feel that rage in him.

Oh I remember that day. When I return home after work and see him all wounded I was in panic but aryan shrug it off saying he had an accident.

"He wanted you sanyukta. He wanted to snatch you away from me. He was involved with shreya " I almost gasp my the intense grip on my hand and the bubble that just burst.

I really thought Aryan as my genuine friend.

"But only in the beginning.  Later that day after beating him up but the carpet was pulled beneath my feet when he said 'but sanyukta deserve someone better than you randhir. Who could at least take care of her not like you who had only hurt her from always" and the truth in his words hit me hard and I left." He stopped because I made him.

"You left." I lift my head up from his chest and look at him as if he is the most stupid person alive on earth.

"You fucking left." I yelled.

Yup. I'm angry.

"Just like that. Just because someone said those words that doesn't mean they are True." I yelled at him again as  tears welled up in my eyes and my voice cracking.  While he just lay there calmly watching my every move as if he already know what's gonna happen.

"Lay back down sanyukta. " he pulled me gently to him but the rage I'm in didn't let me.

"So this is all that you were afraid I will leave you. " I asked wiping my tears. "Then you shouldn't because I'm not gonna leave you for that.  " I said giving up in his arms and regaining my position.

"I haven't even started the worst part." He mumble and my heartbeat raced.

Hope you enjoy the chapter. ..

Don't forget to vote.