Caught up

"Rodger please put my shoe on for me, you see me struggling." I was getting irritated trying to put the vans on my feet. "Don't be yelling at me." He propped my foot up in his lap sliding my shoe on and tying them around my ankle. "Thank you baby." I grabbed his face kissing him. Today me and Rodger were going to do a little shopping but first we were dropping Ari off with my mom. Every time Deedee's children came from their dad's house she'd call up Ari on my phone and let me know.

I had on a gray, short body suit with the plane white and black vans. Rodger had on simple gray Nike short, Polo V-neck, and all white Nike Air Vapors looking like a meal then some.

"I'm ready!" Ari ran in the room with her overnight bag in her hand and tablet. "You look ready, looking all fancy and stuff." I complimented her making her do a 360 laughing. She had a simple gray dress on with some black flats. We all so happened to be matching but I loved it. We followed Rodger out the door and to the car, "seat belts!" Ari did her typical thing making us laugh.
••••
"Hey daddy." I smiled hugging his neck tight. Rodger and my mother were outside talking, the nosy me wanted to go peep but I knew they needed to have a real discussion. "How you been baby girl?" I smiled grabbing his hand to take a seat. "Well let's just say .. Ari is going to have a little brother or sister." My dad's face lit up just like I expected it to do. "Congrats baby, that's real good." I nodded my head smiling. "I'm two months with a little pudge but you know how I was with Ari, I blew up out of nowhere." He smiled nodding his head. "Well did you tell your mother yet?" "No, I told Rodger I'll let him, hopefully she doesn't pass out." He peeped my shade giving me a look.

"I know Ari wasn't planned and your mother flipped but any child is a blessing baby girl. I'm happy for you." He pulled me in giving me a big bear hug.

"So what did y'all cook?" I went in the kitchen looking in the pots. She had; neck bones, greens, yams, cornbread, and a peach cobbler in the oven making me immediately grab a plate. My father laughed at me as I made my plate to eat.

"Congratulations!" My mom and Rodger walked in the house and I take that she took the news well. "Thank you." She walked up to me hugging my neck. "I wasn't the best last time but I'll try to make up for it with this one." She smiled placing her hand on my stomach. I felt that she was trying to be apologetic but my stomach was screaming "feed me."

I sat down at the table next to Rodger getting a look from him. "Yo ass always eating." He laughed taking a peice of yam. "Don't do that." I shook my head threatening him with the fork. "You lucky you got the hungry me and not the crazy me, now move." I hovered over my plate eating.

"So have y'all came up with any names yet?" My dad asked putting the food away. "Honestly I haven't thought about it but if we have a boy I want him to be a Jr. but Rodger not feeling that."

"Because a Jr. so basic, I don't need two of me. I'll name my son or my daughter cause she half stepping." I laughed rolling my eyes at him. "We named Ari." My mom chimed in being on his side. "Her name was going to be Tanori and I loved that name but Ari was part of my grandmother's middle name so we picked it." I made that very clear.

"Tanori ain't bad at all." Rodger nodded his head thinking on it, I was glad someone was on my side.

We talked and laughed about different things for a good extra thirty minutes.

"Thanks for the food, I really enjoyed seeing y'all again." I hugged my dad's neck then my mom's. "Y'all be careful." We waved goodbye getting in the car.

"Ooo I'm full." I leaned the seat back rubbing my stomach. "Yo ass gone be hungry again once we get to this mall, watch." "And if I am?" I laughed getting all in his face. He glanced at me with those light brown eyes then back at the road. I grabbed his face turning it for a kiss, "don't play with me, you know I'll pull this bitch around." I laughed sliding my hand in his shorts. I rubbed his warm member getting turned on immediately.