Rainy days

"Mommy!" Ari ran up to me hugging my legs before I could fold my umbrella making me laugh. "Hey boo." I picked her up giving her kisses. I was so happy to be out that cold ass weather, I'll take rain over that shit any day. "You was good for grandma?" I asked playing in her pretty hair.

"Yes ma'am." I put her down walking into the kitchen where my daddy was. "Rodger didn't come with you?" I shook my head. "Nope. I don't bring him around because you know how mama throw her shots. He don't need to hear slick shit every time he comes around." "Yeah, your mama sometimes forget I use to be Rodger when she met me. I don't know why she so boujie now."

"I heard that!" She came walking down the stairs with her hair rollers and silk robe on. "Good." "Don't start with me." My mama warned pointing her finger. I shook my head laughing at them, I swear I didn't need tv for drama all I had to do was come here.

"Rodger can come around all he wants, he just doesn't look like the type of man my daughter should be with." I scoffed. "You want me with Trey, Trey is the office creep. I am not to be auctioned off to every handsome black guy in a suit." "Amen!" My daddy chimed in.

"Rodger is just so street you know? I bet he kills innocent people." She said like she was so sure. "Girl I killed innocent people and you still want me!" I laughed taking a pie from the fridge. While they nagged I always stole some sweets.

"I'm just saying, my baby doesn't need to lose her job behind him." I cleared my throats feeling a little offended. "Ma, I am grown and can handle myself. Rodger would never put me in a position to lose my job. I worked way too hard to even let that happen." I took another scoop of the peach cobbler.

"Just let her be grown." My dad stressed making her roll those eyes. Ari came in the kitchen hopping up in my lap.

••••

"I can't believe this shit man." My dad shook his head getting pissed. Me and Rom was telling him about the deal with Artyom. "I told you to leave that white bitch alone." I shook my head downing the Jack Daniels. "I want to kill that bitch, how could she do that to me?" I felt bad for my pops but this was his fault. I don't even think he loves her, she's just a walking sex toy for him.

"Artyom ain't nothing to worry about, it's his crew. I don't care how mad you get don't make a move on her. We gotta be smart about this shit and get some more information." He nodded his head panting back and forth. "Keep ya head up man." I dapped him up and hugged him.

"Where to next?" Rom asked pulling out the gate. "I ain't got shit on my mind, Camila and Ari should be at home by now. They want some food." Rom laughed, "how you know?" "Nigga, I know my girls." He chuckled. "Must be nice, I hope they like mexican because that's where we going."

"You just tryna see that chicken head hoe Drica." He laughed shaking his head making me do the same. "Man she cool, at least she something to jump on while I'm here." Rom got a habit of letting the wrong bitches in so I wasn't going to introduce myself. Plus I remember Drica from high school, the bitch was forever a dub. Every nigga on the block had some story to tell about her.

"I bet." I looked out the window at the rain and moving cars. Weather like this all I wanted was Camila in my arms.

We pulled up running to the door trying not to get wet as hell. Rom had a big ass grin on his face seeing Drica walk around the restaurant. "Don't scare the bitch away." "Man fuck you." He straight faced me making me laugh. I grabbed two to go plates walking around the buffet.

I knew Camila ass loved Quesadillas and the stuffed noodle shells so I piled it up with that. Ari was simple on the other hand, she would want some mexican rice and two tacos.