(128) The Woman In Red

(A/N: Thanks for reading The Witch CEO.

3/3 Updated Chapters

Not yet edited. Gonna change this later.)

--------

MinDe did not say anything.

He looked at Xiao Mei who was holding his hand while she stared at him.

"Explain? Explain what?"

MinDe tightened his grip towards Xiao Mei's hand.

He did not like to see her anxious face.

For him, Xiao Mei must always smile.

He'd rather have her act shameless and bubbly every time than see her like this.

Xiao Guan immediately looked at his daughter as if he wanted her to help him defend himself.

Too bad, Xiao Mei was not looking at him.

Or to be precise, Xiao Mei avoided looking at him.

Although she was shameless herself, she could not stomach her father's shamelessness.

When Xiao Guan did not manage to have Xiao Mei speak up for him, his countenance darkened.

He wanted to slap her for being an ungrateful bitch but he could not raise his hand and slap her on the face.

Although the thing he wanted to do the most was to berate her and beat her to death, Xiao Guan could only swallow his anger and think of how he could escape this predicament.

"This old man was only joking about the money for raising my daughter. She is my blood and my flesh. How can I sell her?

Son in law, please believe me. You can even ask Xiao Mei. She is my precious child."

Old Man Lu wanted to puke rainbows.

Indeed.

This Xiao Guan was definitely more shameless than him.

'How can he say those words without biting his tongue?'

Old Man Lu did not say anything. He just continued looking at Xiao Guan and MinDe alternately.

Seeing that his grandson was starting to explode, his heart was filled with glee.

'heh heh heh heh.. this is so fun. I hope he will punch this idiotic man in the face.'

He leisurely sipped his coffee while watching the drama.

MinDe's pupils narrowed when he heard Xiao Guan's words.

"A joke?"

"Yes! Yes! A joke!! Ah Mei!! Quickly!! Tell Second Young Master that I was just joking! How can I sell you?"

But no matter what Xiao Guan said, Xiao Mei remained silent. She did not want to say anything.

She was already tired.

Too tired to always pretend that everything was okay.

That nothing was wrong.

That everything her father did was for her own good.

She had enough.

No more.

MinDe saw the sadness in Xiao Mei's eyes. He stood up and was preparing to leave with her when Xiao Guan pulled her arm.

"Ahh!!"

Maybe because Xiao Guan was bottling his anger, he could not control himself. He pulled her arm forcefully. The strength was very strong that she screamed due to pain.