(94) What Did You Say?

(A/N: Thanks for reading The Witch CEO.

2/2 Regular Chapters

editor and proofreader:  RenTheView and Moonlitnight.)

--------

FengJiu woke up and it was already evening.

She turned her head and saw MinFeng sleeping on a chair beside her and his head was on the bed.

She could not help but raise her hand and stroke his hair.

MinFeng stirred and woke up.

"You're awake?"

MinFeng wanted to stand up and go outside to call the doctor but FengJiu pulled his hand, stopping him.

She shook her head and smiled.

"I'm fine. No need to call the doctor."

FengJiu moved to the side and pat the bed. She wanted MinFeng to sleep beside her.

"Come here."

MinFeng removed his shoes and lied down beside her. He pulled FengJiu in his embrace and kissed her forehead.

"H-how is he?"

FengJiu tried to control her tears.

MinFeng raised her head and stared at her.

"He's okay for now... but... the next heart attack will be fatal."

FengJiu's eyes shook. She took a deep breath and nodded.

"Where is he?"

"The room next door."

MinFeng brushed the hair from her face. He smiled while touching her cheeks.

"It's okay. Yeye is a strong man."

FengJiu tried to smile but she couldn't. She could only bury her head in his chest and nod.

Seeing her like this, MinFeng could not help but be worried.

But what can he do?

The woman he loved was in pain but the only thing he could do was to be with her.

If only he had a way to lessen her pain.

MinFeng tightened his embrace.

Few minutes later, FengJiu raised her head and looked at him.

"I want to see him."

MinFeng nodded. He carried her out of the bed and placed her on a wheelchair.

FengJiu's body was weak. She couldn't find the strength to walk. MinFeng wanted to carry her but she refused. She knew he was also tired but for her sake, he was neglecting his health.

The moment she saw her grandfather, FengJiu couldn't help but shed tears.

She immediately wiped all of it, afraid that her grandfather would see it.

She took a deep breath and tried to compose herself. MinFeng touched her shoulder, she looked at him and smiled as she hold his hand that was on her shoulder.

MinFeng gave her strength.

Strength to face the truth.

When FengJiu reached the bed, she tried her best not to show any weakness in front of him.

"Yeye..."

The old man turned his head and opened his eyes.

"Child.. you.. *cough* *cough* are.. here?"