(32) The Bastard She Will Marry

(A/N: thank you for voting The Witch CEO. Please share this novel.

This chapter was edited by starling_star.)

-------------

{A day before FengJiu returned/Flashback}

Xiao Mei was utterly devastated.

She's been trying to call MinDe since she acquired his phone number but after that incident where she claimed herself to be the Future Second Young Madam, MinDe did not even bother to return her call.

'Why??! Was my advances not enough? Maybe I should try another pickup line? Or write a poem and send it later?'

(A/N: *slowly plugged her ears with cotton balls*)

Xiao Mei was currently staring outside the window.

She was sitting inside a snack café.

Even after eating five donuts and three strawberry shortcakes, she still felt lethargic.

No amount of sugar could increase her energy.

She felt cheated.

'That bad gege!! He lied to me!! What 'introduction'?!! What 'getting intrigued'?? Utter rubbish!! MinDe did not even answered my calls. Boo~ hoo~ Ah Jiu, where are you?? Bad gege treated me like an idiot...'

Xiao Mei was sobbing while sipping her favorite shake.

She was currently pitying herself when she saw a very very very familiar silhouette.

She saw the man that was walking towards the counter.

He was wearing a corporate attire. He was looking at his watch as he ordered.

Xiao Mei was startled.

Looking at the man that had been haunting her in her dreams for days, she suddenly hyperventilated.

Unable to stop herself, she subconsciously sipped her shake a little faster.

Because the shake almost entered her lungs, on impulse, she immediately exhaled, trying to spit out everything.

The shake went out of her mouth and... at her nose.

She immediately covered her mouth and nose with tissues, fearing that Lu MinDe would see her in her current state.

'Xiao Mei you disgusting girl!! So unladylike!!'

She tried to clean her face, wiping tissues all over. She then patted her head and arranged her hair, trying to look as beautiful as she could.

'Aiyaa.. Here am I, thinking that he did not care about me... But see?? He delivered himself on a silver plate[1]!! What a shy guy. Acting like this.'

Xiao Mei internally celebrated. She was happy that MinDe 'followed' her here.

Xiao Mei coughed and tried to calm herself.

She stood up and started walking upright while slightly pointing her chin upward.

She acted 'normal', as if she did not see him at all.

She slowly crept towards the counter.

When she was almost near at her target, she 'fell' towards him.

"Ahhh.."

She immediately grabbed his arm, trying to squeeze herself between his body and his shoulder.

She weakly leaned on him. Secretly inhaling his scent. Filling her lungs with his fragrance.

"T-thank you!"