"Why? You all barely know me", she said looking down to the carpet.

"If you came out of your room that could change", I said walking over to her and sitting on the floor.

"I walk around at night", she said softly. "I like looking at your cars".

A girl after my own heart.

"Can you drive?" I asked.

She shook her head no.

"Want to learn?"

She pointed to herself and her eyes were as big as saucers,"Really?"

"Yeah", I said kind of exciting. I love Jennifer but cars really weren't her thing. The W Motors Lykan Hypersport she got me it's still the best gift I've ever received. Nothing on Earth can top that.

I looked down at the watch Jennifer had got me all those years ago.

9:43pm

"What do you say? No more night walking, but some real driving?" I said.

I could see joy run across her face, excitement in her eyes,"Yes!"

"Just one thing, you can't tell Jennifer. I'm pretty sure she'll have me thrown in jail for child endangerment", I laughed.

Because it's true. I didn't put Alma's seatbelt on one time. You would have thought I bombed a preschool the way Jennifer laid into me.

She stood up and said,"Okay".

I stood up too,"I'll meet you in the  garage I just have to let the security team know we're going out", I also wanted to check on Jennifer. Before we got Connie she was the one who stayed up with the twins the most. She needed a good night's rest.

I walked out of Lara's room and and went to check on Jennifer. Cracking our door I peeked inside the room.

Jennifer was asleep.

I quietly shut the door and went and found Thomas. I told him he could go home to the for the night. Thomas has been with me almost as long as James and Ross have been. Thomas had his own family he shouldn't be here all day and night. I found Lara in the underground garage fascinated with all of my toys. "Which one is it going to be?" I called out my voice carried throughout the room.

"I get to pick?" She said.

"Anything but W Motors Lykan Hypersport", I pointed to the black beauty on the a circular raised stand in the center of the room. All of our cars were lined up in two lines. One side was full of black SUV business cars and the other was for play and pleasure.

"Uumm how about that one?" She pointed to my red Corvette ZR1. Actually that was a pretty good car to practice in. I rarely drove it, it was more of an impulse buy. And it was an automatic.

"Sure", I walked over to the wall of keys and grabbed the key and toss it to Lara she caught it and skipped over to the car. I walked over to her and opened the driver's door. She put the key in the ignition and roll down the window. Lara pulled the seat up closer to the wheel excited about driving. "Ok this car has over 755 horsepower. So as tempting as it is, you don't have to put your foot all the way down on the gas".

"Okay", she said

"But, if you don't do that you won't hear the engine roar to life", I know I shouldn't be encouraging her to speed but... Come on, no one buys a fast car to go slow. She stepped down on the gas and the engine roared, echoing throughout the entire garage.

She smiled like a kid on Christmas. I knew I excited as one.

I explained to her the gears, how to move your foot from gas to break, keeping your hands at ten and two and all the basics. Okay, it it's time to drive. I got in on the passenger side and before she could take the car out of park I said,"Seatbelt".