Chapter 46

"What do you mean he's dead?" I felt like all the air was knocked out of me. Harry waited a second before answering me.

"I asked to go to the bathroom. I escaped back in to the lab and knocked everything off the shelves like I did last time and obviously security came."

"But how did you kill Nick?"

"I'm getting there! Anyways, security came and I was able to fight back with them and knocked them out. Nick came in and I took some knives that were in the lab and-"

"No, you didn't." I stopped him.

"I stabbed him with a knife and now he's dead." Harry took a deep breath after speaking.

"I can't believe this." I shook my head. "So, what's next? Where are you taking me?"

"I'm taking you home to get your stuff." Harry bit his lip and ran his hand through his curly hair.

"To get my stuff? Where am I going?"

"After I come back for Jackson, you're leaving Florida and taking him with you." What Harry just said blew me away and I thought he was joking. He's just as insane as I am.

"Are you being serious? No! I'm not leaving Florida!" There's no way I'd leave Harry behind and knowing Nick is dead we can expose everything that happened and no one will harm us.

We turned on to my street. I recognized all the same old houses that I used to see every day. This was such a strange feeling, almost like something new, even though it's old. We pulled in to the driveway of my house and Harry immediately got out. He came around and opened the passenger door for me.

"Come on!" He nodded his head towards the front door but I was paralyzed. I didn't move and I just stared straight infront of me.

"Lily? Hello?" Harry shook my shoulder. I still couldn't move. He reached across me and unbuckled my seat belt.

"Lily please get out of the car." Harry was begging now. I could tell he was annoyed and done with trying to get me to cooperate so he walked up to the door. I saw him reach under the door mat and get the spare key. I snapped out of whatever was holding me back and ran out of the car and up to my house. I walked inside and a wave of emotions ran over me. I felt like I had never lived her. I started to stare at everything and how it all was still in place.

"Ok, we need to get you packed as soon as possible." Harry's voice trailed off as he ran upstairs and in to my room. I followed behind him. I stepped foot in to my room and tears started to stream down my cheeks. It all felt so weird and unusual to me. How could a place that I spent my whole life in feel so bare and different? Maybe because right now my whole family is gone and not here. This house would never feel or be the same.

I looked over at Harry as he reached in to the top of my closet and grabbed my duffle bag. He knew my house like the back of his hand. He started opening the drawers in my dresser and pulling out clothes for me.

"Ok, so you'll need some underwear, obviously." He was moving so fast and stuffing so much in to my bag.

"You wear t-shirts a lot so you'll need these." He grabbed a handful of t-shirt from another drawer and stuffed them in the bag. Tears were falling harder now. All I could do was stand there and watch him frantically move around my room. I was paralyzed again.

"Oh! Pants, duh!" Harry strolled over to my closet and pulled some jeans off hangers and threw them in with the rest of the clothes. I couldn't take it and I broke down. I fell to the ground and sobbed. Harry dropped the duffle bag and came over to me.

"Hey, look at me." He held my face with both hands as he kneeled down to me while I hung my head towards the floor. "Why are you doing this? Why are you crying?"

I lifted my head to see his green eyes staring back at me, worry fully visible in them.

"I can't leave you." I could barely get the words out and I cried harder. Harry sat down on the floor next to me and pulled me in to his arms. I wrapped my arms around his torso and just sobbed as hard as I could in to his chest.

"Lily, I won't let you leave me." Harry sweetly spoke. I looked up at him, wiping some tears off my face.

"You said I was leaving Florida?" I held on to him even tighter.

"I'm stupid. I don't know what I was thinking. I won't let you leave." He was rubbing my back to soothe me I felt him kiss the top of my head and he held my face in his hands again.

"I'll never leave you, ok?" He tilted my chin up to look at him.

"Ok." I slightly grinned from relief and he kissed me. His kiss comforted me and there was nothing that could come in between us. The kiss was suddenly interrupted by Harry's phone buzzing, letting him know he had a text message.

"Who is it?" I watched Harry stare at his phone. His face had a look I had never seen before. "Harry what's wrong? Is everything ok?"

Harry stood up from the floor and looked up from his phone. I could see his breathing increase rapidly and he ran a hand through his curls. I got up and went over to him.

"Harry, talk to me!" I begged.

Harry turned around to me and his eyes were huge. It took him a few seconds before he could speak.

"Nick isn't dead." He spoke. My heart literally stopped as I heard those words.