Chapter 8

Why is Harry here? What the hell did he do to get detention?

I take a seat next to him, our desks in the middle of the classroom. I get out my pens and start to do my work of copying down pointless shit.

"You're probably wondering why I'm in here, aren't you?" His voice deep and quiet.

I stare at him for a minute, puzzled.

"Yeah. Yeah I am actually! What on earth did you do to get a detention already?" I can't even think of what he would've done. Harry doesn't seem like one to get in trouble.

His stare goes from me back down to his paper.

"Well don't worry about it, ok?" His voice was calm but something told me he was angry.

"Why can't I know?"

"I just leave school early too much without permission!" His voice got louder.

"Why do you leave school early so much?" His tone starts to worry me. Why is he getting so angry over something so petty.

"It's none of your business! Stop asking so many questions!" His voice even louder than last time. We both look up, startled from the teacher who has been staring at us. He looks at both of us and tells us to be quiet and do our work.

Harry goes back to copying down his work but I'm still curious as to why he's so angered. The boy I've always seen so calm and peaceful now mad at me...for no apparent reason?

"I'm sorry I asked." I made my voice sound very apologetic. Thankfully, it worked.

"No. I'm sorry for snapping at you. I shouldn't have. Some days I just like to..." His voice trailed off and he didn't finish what he was saying.

"Like to what?"

"Just think." His voice bland.

Just think? Just think? That's it? That can't be just it. That's a lame excuse but I don't want to anger him by asking more questions. I accept his answer as it is.

************************************

I arrive at home and place my things down on my bed. I had been out getting groceries for myself since my mom never buys things I like anymore and running errands. It took a few hours so I didn't get home till a little after 7pm. My mom still isn't home? I try to call her and she doesn't reply. I start to worry but I just let it slide. I'm sure she's at work.

I go take a shower and put on my clothes I wear to bed but my phone buzzes.

Shocker. It's Harry.

Hey Lily meet me at the Starbucks right down the road from your house. (The one right by the school)

Why does Harry want to meet me at Starbucks at 7 at night? What is he up to?

I reply and agree and change into some high rise jeans and a crop top. I threw on a jacket to cover what part of my arms that are exposed so I won't get cold. Florida is quite chilly right now and I can't afford to get sick and miss more school.

I get in my car and turn the heat on and seat warmers like I usually do. I jump again as a nock on my window echoes through the car.

It's Nick.

"Can you give me a ride to work?"

His question such a shocker to me.

"Nick it's 7:15...pm! Why are you going to work? Who brought you home?"

This is absurd. Why is Nick going to work at this time of night?

"Someone I work with took me home. I got a call and I need to go in right now. It's important. Please?" His begging got to me and a gave in.

"Get in."

"Thanks Lily! I owe ya!"

"Haha nah, you're fine."

Once again the whole ride was silent. But I remembered something important.

"Shit! I gotta tell Harry I'm running late!" I suddenly yell.

Nick becomes instantly quiet. His voice was monotone and stern. His words were short.

"Harry who?"

His question surprises me. Why does he care? I don't think and answer his question.

"Harry Styles...why?"

Nick grabs the door handle on his side in a flash.

"Stop the car."

"W-What?"

"STOP THE CAR!" His yelling scared the living hell out of me and I immediately pulled over and put the car in park.

Nick quickly opens the door and gets out. He takes off running down the street. Why couldn't he just wait? He was only two blocks from the warehouse. I see him pull out his phone as he's running down the street. I sit in my car and watch where he's going but it is too dark and I loose sight of him.

All of the sudden I get a text. It's Harry.