Chapter 43

And there I laid, strapped to my bed like I was in a fucking mental institution. This is a mental institution. Nick is sick and insane, theres something whack about his mind. There's security everywhere. Not to mention the cells we are in, the condition of our cells, and the way the bathroom looks. There's no doubt we've been checked in to a mental hospital, except we weren't the insane ones that belonged here. None of us did. Nick is the one who belongs in our place.

Security caught me and Harry in the shower together. It didn't end like I thought it would. I thought one of us would get beat or something worse that Nick had in mind for us. I mean, granted, I did get strapped to my bed, but so far that's the only thing. But what if he's preparing us for the worst. Because I know Nick, and this isn't the end.

I loose concept of time when lying in a pit of darkness. Your mind consumes you and gets the best of you. You end up losing stuff to think about, if that's even possible. I knew how mental institution patients felt. It was pure torture...but pure joy to Nick. Lying completely still, strapped to a bed starts to make you believe you're insane. They had even given me a hospital gown to wear like I was a real mental patient but in an experimental lab. Well, what's the difference? Back then, they did experiments on people in asylums, and that's what Nick is doing here, just for a different purpose.

I could hear Gloria moaning from pain down the hall. I laid and stared at the ceiling, wincing every time she moaned. I started to feel her pain, but lying in a still position for so long eventually made me numb, and the black ceiling got darker and darker. What little light was illuminating the space went completely black.

***********************************

I was woken up by the straps being removed from my feet. I wiggled them in shock and stared. The security guard was releasing my arms, too.

"What's going on?" I frantically looked around. It was still dark as ever. I could barely make out the guard, only his figure.

"Nick wants to have a word with you." The security guard was a big black man and his deep voice echoed through my cell.

If Nick wants to have a word with me I knew what this was about, Harry and I. The result of this wouldn't be good and probably one of us will end up dead but I just pray that it won't be as bad as I'm making it out to be.

The guard handcuffed me and took me to Nick's office where Harry was already sitting, handcuffed as well. Nick stood up as we entered.

"Ahhh, welcome, Ms. Hardwell. Lovely to see you again. Last time I saw you was when you were naked on top of that filthy boy." He pointed to Harry.

"You know who the filthy one is? It's you!" Harry snapped at Nick.

"You're filthier than the fucking bathrooms here!" I snapped.

Nick stood in silence for a second then just shook his head and laughed like it was all a game.

"Why are you so evil?" I spoke. Nick leaned across his desk towards me.

"Cause I'm an evil man." His smile widened. I saw Harry frown and shake his head at him.

"You know, I've been getting unnecessary calls from your mother recently." Nick looked at me.

"Yeah! I would imagine so, considering you kidnapped her daughter!" I yelled.

"It was bothering me." He crossed his arms and took a seat in his big, padded desk chair. Probably the comfiest thing around here.

"Ok, can I speak to her and calm her?"

"No. I took care of her for you. She won't be calling anymore."

"What?" I wasn't understanding what Nick was getting at.

"SHE'S DEAD YOU DUMB BITCH!" He stood up and screamed at me. Tears started rolling down my cheeks. This can't be.

"I don't believe you-NO! You're lying through your teeth!"

"Oh am I?" Nick raised an eyebrow. "James, get the pictures." He snapped a finger at the guard standing behind him. The guard went in to his file cabinet and pulled out a folder.

"What pictures? What's going on?" I started to panic and frantically look around.

"Oh god!" Harry put a hand on his face and shook his head. He kept repeating it and he got faster.

"Oh god. Oh godddd, OH GOD! No!"

"What's happening?!" Tears were pouring from my eyes. I was handed three pictures. They were of my mom's body, covered in blood, laying in a pool of blood. I screamed and threw the photos.

"YOU'RE A SICK BASTARD!" Harry stood up and shouted but a guard immediately pushed him back in to his seat. I held my hands in my face and sobbed, letting everything out.

"I will have you murdered in the worst way possible for this! I will get every cop in the nation and have them kill you, you're not getting away with this!" I stood up and leaned across his desk to him.

"Take her away, she's getting out of control." Nick ordered to the guards. They grabbed me and escorted me out.