Chapter 19

"Hey Lily! How was your day?" My mom greeted me as I walked in the door. She was sitting on the sofa watching TV as I came in

"It was horrible." I say blandly. I threw my backpack down on to the hardwood floor and hung my head down, staring at my feet.

"Baby, what happened?" My mom was so concerned. She hated seeing me hurt. She patted the sofa cushion next to her and I took a seat.

"I hate my school I hate it so much. I hate Kayden Waters even more than anything, though!"

"What happened, hun?" She put a hand on my back and slowly scratched up and down to soothe me.

"Kayden is out to ruin my life till I can't take it anymore! She spreads untrue stuff about me and humiliates me in front of everyone." I felt warm tears start to trickle down my cheeks.

"Oh Lily. I'm so sorry. I wish there was something I could do!"

"Could do? You can take me out of school! That's what you can do!" I started to feel anger build up in me. I couldn't go back I just absolutely couldn't. I had no friends and was a loner. The whole school is against me.

"Lily I can't take you out of school!"

"Why?! Why can't I just be homeschooled?" This seemed like a perfect solution. I wouldn't be made fun of or face mean people anymore. On the plus side, I would get to sleep in.

"Because Lily! I have to work!"

"Bu-but, I can homeschool myself at home! You don't have to stay home with me." I was trying my best to convince her but she wasn't going to give.

"No Lily. I'm not doing this. We aren't arguing about this right now." She got up off the couch and walked in to the kitchen.

I feel like no one understands me nor will they ever understand me. People think just cause their life is easy that mine is but they're beyond wrong. I dare them to walk a day in my shoes!

************************************

I decided not to get up on Monday for school. Maybe by my mom seeing me in bed, when I should be at school, I can confront her again and she'll give in. It was a long shot but worth a try. I heard her come up the stairs and knock on my door. I was already late for school and I leave before she does for work.

"Lily? Lily get out of bed! You're supposed to be at school. I know you're not sick!"

I mumbled at her but turned over, facing away from the door. She turned the door handle and came in.

"Lily I'm serious! Get out of bed and go to school."

"Mom, please...I don't wanna go!" I said it with a tired, upset tone. There's no way I would go back and face Kayden and her evil little plans she has to tear me down. I refuse to.

"I already told you that you can't be homeschooled now get up!" Her tone was more harsh. I was willing to stand my ground and not go.

"Mom, I don't care what you say I'm not going. You don't understand all the things that happen to me on a daily basis. And it isn't just Kayden, it's other people, too." I started to cry just thinking about the awful things. I turned over to see my mom standing there, dressed nicely for work. She came over and sat down on the edge of my bed. I put my face in my pillow, still crying from the thought of going back.

"You really don't want to go back, do you? I'm sorry Lily. I can tell. I'll call the school and schedule a meeting and tell them you won't be enrolled there anymore. Sound good?" My mom started rubbing my back and she leaned over and kissed my forehead.