Chapter 11

"Oh! Hey Nick!"

I was so startled by his presence. I never would have expected him to be here at this moment. He probably saw me looking up information about the warehouse. What if he thinks I know something I shouldn't?

"What are you doing here Lily? Surprised to see you here!"

His tone was overly friendly. He knew I was up to something and that I'm doing something I shouldn't.

"I-I should be saying the same thing to you..."

"What's that book you're reading?"
His voice was still friendly but getting more curious.

"Oh uh-uhm just...I have to do research for school." What a dumb excuse but that was all I could think of. What I told Nick was not the least bit convincing and I could tell he wasn't buying any of it.

"Oh. I see it says something about the warehouse..."

"Yeah I mean it's pretty interest-"
Before I could finish he pushed the book off the table and it flew into the middle of the room. Everyone in there stopped what they were doing and turned to us. I felt my face get cherry red.

"Oh dear, Lily. I'm sorry I did that...I just kind of had a uh-a spaz attack?" He said it with such sarcasm and gave me a little wink at the end. The wink made my heart flutter but not in a good way. My mouth was wide open and i was terrified.

I knew by opening this book I had done something wrong. There's something top secret going on in that warehouse and I'm going to get to the bottom of it sooner or later.

I was still staring Nick right in the eyes at this point, our faces close. I could feel his breath of my face as he cruelly spoke to me.

"I don't want to ever see you near that warehouse, you understand what I'm saying?" His eyes had the most evil and devilish look I had ever seen in someone's eyes. I wanted to get up and run but I knew I couldn't.

"Y-Yes sir." I firmly replied.

"Good. Have a nice day Lily." He walked of with his head turned around at me, giving me a smirk, once again showing his remarkable smile.

I knew I had to listen to Nick but I needed to secretly find out more info. I'm so stupid. I can just go home on the computer and research! Hopefully Nick won't show up at my house...

************************************

The evening came around and it was 6:35pm. I had just taken a shower and put some comfy clothes on. My phone buzzes on my bedside table and I walk over to retrieve it. It's a text from Harry.

Lily I know you're probably mad at me but I hope tomorrow afternoon we can try to go out for coffee again. 5pm ok?

I could never be mad at Harry. Something always told me deep down to never let my anger out on him. I have a special place in my heart for him...kind of a soft spot I guess you could say. I mean how could you get mad at someone like him? He's perfect!
His body looks so toned through his shirt and can we talk about his legs? His legs are better than mine! How is that even possible? He stands probably around six feet tall. His tattoos are beautiful, too. Sometimes I catch myself staring at them in second period. You can sometimes see his sparrows on his chest peaking out through his shirt. I've never seen someone more wonderful and beautifully crafted before. I've never wanted someone that bad before either.

I reply to his text and agree that tomorrow afternoon would work just well and hopefully he won't have to bail on me. Every time I think of seeing Harry I get a nervous feeling in my stomach-but it's a different kind of nervous. There's nerves you get before a test, nerves before a performance, nerves before something exciting, and nerves you get when you're around someone you've fallen for. I would say that my nerves fall in that category of the "special someone"...but on a different level. A level I can't describe.

I never see anyone talk to Harry at school. Has he made any other friends than me? Is he lonely most of the time? I start to wonder if he feels like I do a lot: lonely and forgotten. I never see him in the cafeteria either. Does he sit in the lunchroom? I remembered what he told me about leaving early a lot without permission. Maybe that's why I never see him.

I want to get to know every little detail about him tomorrow when we have our little "date". We could start off with the basics: favorite movie, favorite color, favorite animal. But then I could ask him other stupid things I would end up asking like what his favorite side of the bed is, how he likes his eggs, or what his favorite Monopoly piece is. Petty things like that sometime mean the most and I want to know every piece of him.