Chapter 15

I slowly started to awake and I felt the car come to a leisured stop and my eyes opened. We had pulled up in to my driveway and Harry put the Range Rover in park.

"I had an amazing time with you today Lily."

I was still half asleep but I heard what he said and smiled.

"I had an amazing time, too!" I echoed back and smirked at him.

"We should go again sometime or just hang out somewhere else soon."

"Definitely. You're a fun dude, Harry!"

His full smile was showing and I could tell he appreciated what I told him.

"Thanks Lily. You're a good friend. I'm glad I chose to run in to you in the hall rather than anyone else."

"Chose?"

"Well...I saw ya coming and I was like hmm today I feel like running in to a beautiful girl and hopefully we'll end up friends."

We both laughed and my grin got huge. Out of all the friends I've had in my life, Harry was definitely the best one.

We sat for a few seconds in his car, just staring through the windshield, looking at my garage in front of us. Harry spoke again.

"Well, it's pretty late. You should probably get inside before your mom starts to worry."

"Yeah! That'd be bad!" I chuckled and went to pull the door handle but a thought struck me that I couldn't let go of.

Will he ever kiss me?

I couldn't let a day like this pass by and me leave without a kiss from him. Today was so special and intimate and the only way to end it off right was to feel his full, pinks lips move on mine. I let my mind get ahead of me and something told me to blurt out the question.

"Harry. Will you kiss me?"

How desperate must I sound? I'm a girl asking a guy to kiss me. Wow Lily, slow it down. I started to feel panic inside of me and I regretted asking him that. I felt so embarrassed and I could feel myself turn red.

Harry almost seems confused by my question. He hung his head down and looked at his fingers he was fiddling with. His eyebrows furrowed and his lips pursed and he started to shake his head.

"I-I can't. I'm so sorry."

I felt my stomach sink and my heart diminish. A guy I was in love with didn't want to kiss me. I knew he didn't feel the same way about me. I must have done something wrong. I shouldn't have said anything and now I just look pathetic. Rejection is a horrible feeling.

"I'm sorry I asked, Harry. I'll leave."

I immediately hopped out of the Range Rover and grabbed my stuff sitting on the floor board and went to shut the door but as I did I heard his voice.

"No! Lily! Wait I-"

I slammed the car door shut and left him behind. I walked up to my front door with my bag over my shoulder and my head down. I turned my head around to see the slightly sorrowful look on his face through the windshield. I waved a wave of goodbye and went in.

"Hey Lily! You're finally home! How was your day?"

I walked straight past my mom, ignoring every word that came out. I didn't want to say I had a good day. I knew I did but having it end like that ruined it all. I should've kept my damn mouth closed!

I opened the door to my bedroom and threw my beach bag down on the floor by my bed. I felt sweaty and dirty so I immediately took a shower. Sometimes taking a shower helps me clear my head. I stripped off my clothes and stepped in to the shower, letting the hot water hit my slightly sun burned body. My skin stung a little but not as bad as the stinging in my heart. The memories of today started to flash through my mind and I see me and Harry having the best time of our lives. All the amazing things we did and the way he held me in the water, his large hands grabbing my waist. The memories of sitting in his car flash through my mind and I couldn't take anymore. I broke down and fell to my knees in the shower, bawling with my hands over my face and feeling like I couldn't breathe. I thought all the pain had been washed out of me but it truly hasn't-it was just being hidden under something for a while. I knew deep down Harry didn't like me as much as I liked him. He never would. There's nothing special about me. I'm not different and I don't stand out. All I can make myself believe is that he's played me all this time. If he truly had like me, he would have kissed me back and wanted to but he didn't. My mind was starting to ache, my heart felt like it was about to shatter and slit my insides apart just to make me feel more pain, and my body physically ached.

I hate myself for believing any of his act would be real.

************************************

It's a typical Monday morning again and I get up for school. For the first time in a while I dread seeing Harry. This feeling I get now when I think about him is just too different and weird. I've always had strong feelings for him but now my heart isn't sure what it wants.

I get dressed and do my hair and makeup then head downstairs for breakfast.

"Morning Lily."

"Hi."

I didn't feel like talking. I kept a blank expression on my face.

"You never told me about your weekend."

"I don't wanna talk about it."

My mom cocked her head slightly to the side. She knew how much I loved Harry and didn't get why I was acting like this.

"Lily are you sure y-"

"I SAID I DON'T WANNA TALK ABOUT IT!"

I finally snapped. I got up and couldn't stand my mom asking me fifty thousand questions(it seemed). I threw my backpack over my shoulder and got in my car and sped off to school. I passed by the Starbucks on my way and I glance at it, thinking back to when me and Harry first hung out and he had to leave suddenly. I'm surprised he didn't leave me at the beach.

Walking through the halls at school and not being acknowledged at all sucks ass. I'm constantly looked over and sometimes made fun of and I've never understood why. I've done nothing to anyone. I've always been a quiet girl but since I lost Jackson and my friends left me, that's when it basically all began.

Here it comes. Second period. I walk in and see the tall, curly haired, six foot figure sitting at his desk. I catch his grey eyes looking at me but I immediately look down so I don't have to make much more eye contact. I sit down in my seat and try my best to ignore him...somehow Harry is just as good at ignoring me as I am at ignoring him.

Second period passes and that's the first time I don't converse with him at all in psychology ever since we met. I was mad at him but I hated this. It's like he didn't want to try and explain or fix what ever happened between us.

Lunch rolls around and a lot of days I eat lunch alone in a bathroom stall but today I feel bold and decide to eat in the lunchroom. I knew this was a stupid and idiotic idea because I have no friends. Who would I sit with? I walk in the double doors to the cafeteria and see hundreds of kids and the roar of them all is so loud. I've barely eaten lunch in here so I'm used to the silence in the bathroom...it almost hurts my ears.

I take a seat at a little round table in a corner. I pull out my sandwich from my plastic grocery bag that holds my lunch. Just as I did so, a large figure came and stood in front of me. I took a bite of my sandwich and looked up at the figure slowly, trying to process who was before me. And then my eyes realized who it was. It was her.