Chapter 13

Monday has finally come and for once I can say I'm looking forward to school. Seeing Harry every day brightens things up a lot; more than anyone could imagine. I think back to last night when Harry and I had coffee and how perfect it was. I miss his grey, glimmering eyes staring back in to my blue eyes, I miss his hand in my, rubbing it to comfort me, but most of all I miss him.

I start to think more and more about last night but a doleful feeling passed over me. There was something in the back of my mind that was bugging me; something wasn't right. I had forgotten that he left so suddenly without reason. All went so well but then it had to end that way. Why? What went wrong? I couldn't come to a conclusion as to why it happened. I didn't want the night to ever end but at some point it had to and it had to end that way.

Missing Harry sent different kinds of pain through my body. There was a pain in my stomach-mainly from nerves. There was a pain in my hand-I missed having his large hands wrapped around mine...I almost felt naked. There was a pain in my heart-the place where it all accumulates.

I get ready for school and head off, kissing my mom on the cheek on the way out. I get in my car and pull out of the drive way. I show up to school and my parking space isn't taken-thank the lord!

First period seems to pass by slowly but it does every day. Ever since I've met Harry all I look forward to is second period. The bell rings and I race out of my seat to the door and enter the hall. My heart paces fast as I come closer and closer to the classroom. I enter and my heart drops to the floor.

His seat is empty.

He's usually here by now except for that one day he came in late. I start to panic but I tell myself to calm down and not get worked up over him. Looking forward to something and it not being there makes your heart sink. It feels like it isn't even there. Almost like there's a big gaping hole in your chest. I sit through class breathing heavy, wondering and constantly thinking of theories as to why he isn't here. Nothing keeps me calm and "sedated".

I almost feel like I'm going to pass out when a chilling thought hits my mind.

What if I never see him again and I lost him?

There goes my mind again over thinking. That can't be the case. I make myself feel sick 99% of the time by letting my mind get ahead of me.

I snap out of my deep thoughts when I see Mr. Norton in front of me.

"Here's your quiz from the other day. You must have read. Good job!"

He hands me my quiz and I look at it-a 94%. Not bad.

"Is Styles here today?" He asks.

"No. He isn't..." I trail off on my words putting on an upsetting tone.

"Hmm. Shame. He got a 100%! What a smart guy!"

My eyes widen as I hear his words. 100%? He told me he didn't study and didn't need to; but what if he's lying to me. No. Harry would have no reason to lie to me. "Smart guy" is an understatement...he's more than that!

The days slowly pass by this week and Harry doesn't show up. I come home every day upset as usual and down in the dumps. I haven't seen Harry since our coffee date and I've had no contact with him. This is getting to be too weird. Things keep me up at night. I have nightmares of losing him just like I have with everyone else in my life. I wake up heavily panting and sweating in the middle of the night. I always check my phone in hopes of there being a text from him to calm me-something that says "I'm ok" or "I'll be back tomorrow" but my hopes are put down every time. One night I finally give in and text him.

Where have you been?

I continuously keep checking my phone like an insane person to see if he read my message but all I see is "Delivered". As every second passes I feel more fear build up inside of me. I can't help but let tears fall from my eyes.

Luckily, I don't have to worry anymore-a text appears in my phone.

I'm sorry. I've been having some issues lately with something. I'll be back on Monday.

That's it? That's all he tells me? Monday isn't good enough. I want to see him now! If I know one thing about Harry the most it is the fact that he doesn't elaborate on things. I didn't bother asking what the issues were. At least he replied.

Can we maybe hang out tomorrow?

I slightly feel bad for sending that message but I know if I didn't then I'd really regret not asking and I'd just end up worry if I'll ever see him again. Luckily he replied fast.

Sure! How bout we go to the beach. It'll be fairly warm Saturday;)

I throw my phone on to my bed because of the extreme happiness that took over me. He wants to go to the beach with me!!! What he just told me made me jump around my room in such a crazy way I probably looked like a mentally retarded kangaroo. I wish I was in shape though but Harry seems to take me the way that I am. He's truly the first person that really has.

That'd be great! I can't wait!:)

My mom must have heard me flailing around in my room and came upstairs.

"What is all that noise it sounds like you brought elephants in to your room!"

"Me and Harry are going to the beach tomorrow!!!" I shout so loud I feel like the neighbors can hear me or maybe even China.

"Aw Lily I'm so happy for you! You seem to really like this boy." She winks at me and I can feel my cheeks turn red.

"I-I mean...well...who am I kidding! I do!"

"Well you two have fun tomorrow! I'm heading off to bed." She smiled and hugged me goodnight. Feeling her strong hugs again and being embraced by her makes everything feel better. All the hurt and pain goes away.

A texts lights up my phone.

So how bout I come get you at noon?;)

I replied with a "Yeah! Can't wait! See you then!" And for the last time of the night my phone buzzed and my heart skipped eighty beats.

Goodnight Lily. Sleep tight xx

I felt a warm feeling arise in my body. I got a goodnight text! I set my phone on my bedside table and turn off the light. I'm glad I made the decision to text him-look what came out of it. I fall asleep with a smile on my face, dreaming about tomorrow and being in his presence again. I've always been one to fall hard for guys but this was different. I've fallen harder and quicker for Harry Styles than anyone in my life. It's almost like he's of a different kind...