Chapter 39

LILY'S P.O.V.

I was rushed in through the front door of the dimly-lighted warehouse and immediately I was handcuffed. This time, instead of Nick dragging me places, the two men were on both sides of me, holding my arms. I was rushed through dark halls with tiny windows towards the top of the wall, bringing the only light in this grim place. Our footsteps echoed and it was the only sound to be heard. I had no idea where Nick was but he had gone somewhere else after I was brought inside.

We arrived in a room. It was almost pitch black. The two men stood by me, making sure I wouldn't go anywhere. I would be too scared to run right now, not knowing what would happen. Nick probably had a whole plan to everything, like if I tried to run, if I tried to cry, or even if I tried to speak. That's why I kept quiet.

I finally saw Nick walk in, standing up straight with his hands behind his back. He had that grin on his face that looked like it was sweet and I shouldn't be afraid, but it was an evil grin. Always deceiving.

"You know why you're here, right?" He was pacing across the room. Once again, I didn't answer.

"I said, you know why you're here-" He walked over to me and got in my face. "Right?"

I knew I'd regret speaking but I have to at some point.

"No." I looked down from his gaze.

"Ha! You're so stupid, oh my god!" He laughed and walked away from me. I knew he was angry that I had become so close with Harry and that he disapproved of that. He wanted us to be destroyed and I wouldn't him get in the way.

"You think you're so innocent, don't you?" He was at my face again but I had my head down.

"LOOK AT ME WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU!" Then that pain, the pain that I hadn't experienced since the last time I saw him, came back. Not only was the emotional pain back, the physical pain was the worst. His hand wiped across my cheek and I felt it getting hot and pink. I looked up at him and he looked like he was about to kill me once again.

"Do you want to know why you're here?"

I nodded my head in agreement, going along with what he wanted. Suddenly two doors off to the right, the doors that I had just momentarily walked through, swung open. Harry was pushed in through the doors by a different guard. He was handcuffed just like me and hung his head down, his shoulders slumped as he came in. He lifted his head and saw me standing there. I saw him mouth the words 'I'm so sorry' to me and tears started to swell in my eyes.

"He's the reason you're here! HE'S THE REASON, LILY!" Nick's voice was incredibly loud and rang through the room.

I was full of anger at this point. I had to speak up.

"Don't blame this on him! It's my fault!" I yelled at Nick.

"Lily, stop!" Harry spoke up.

"DON'T TALK, STYLES!" Nick rushed over to Harry and got in his face just like he did to me. "Don't talk unless I ask you a fucking question or I allow you to talk! You understand?" I saw Harry nod.

I knew Harry didn't like it that I was taking blame but it was the least I could do. I had to stand up for him.

"I know I'm here because of him but don't hurt him! Hurt me...if you do anything!"

"Lily!" Harry interjected again. Nick turned his head to Harry, his eyes wide. Nick walked over to me and ignored the fact that Harry spoke.

"Hurt you? Would you really risk your life for him?" Nick laughed at me.

I looked at Harry then back at Nick.

"Yes, I would. I love him." I know saying that I loved Harry wouldn't be good but I stood my ground, not being weak anymore.

Nick was furious. He placed a hand on his forehead and laughed at the ground.

"You two ruined everything." Nick walked away from us and raised his voice. "EVERYTHING! Everything I had in mind, all my plans are ruined." He walked back over to me, his breath in my face. "Ohhh, Lily. You are definitely innocent. You don't know what's in store for you!" Nick looked at me then at the double doors. He crossed his arms and shifted to his left foot.

"Bring them in." He spoke towards the door. The double doors swung open and three people who were also handcuffed came in. One was a man in his mid forties. He looked exhausted. The bags under his eyes were very noticeable. I could see that his eyes were grey...just like how Harry's used to be. Nick pointed to him and said his name was Ryan.

An elderly woman slowly walked in. My heart felt like it was breaking for her as I saw her hobble in, the guard pushing her along. She looked so old and crippled, like she needed to lie down. Her white hair was short but looked like it hadn't been brushed in days. I saw the grey in her eyes as she looked up at me. She needed a walker or a cane but instead, a guard had to hold her up. Nick pointed at her and said her name was Gloria.

The last person to walk in was a young boy, he looked like Jackson's age. He had blonde hair. He looked tired just like they all did and his eyes were a lighter grey than the rest of them. There was something about this boy that confused me. He looked a lot like Jackson but his hair was blonde and shorter. Jackson's was brown like mine. Nick pointed to him and said his name was Drew.

When the boy was done looking around the room and at everyone in his presence his eyes met mine and his mouth slightly dropped. The voice I hadn't heard in months, the voice I thought was gone from existence...I heard it once again.

"Lily?"

My mouth dropped.

"Jackson!"