Chapter 20

(A.N.)~Hey how's everyone enjoying this? I hope it is pretty interesting and sometimes suspenseful! Please tweet about it!:D

I drove back home after my quick encounter with Nick. All I could think of on the ride home was how he responded to me about Harry. He knows things that I don't realize he knows. He's more than just one step ahead of me and that's the terrifying part. For all I know he's planning something big and dangerous. What if he decides to take my life? The whole secret of the warehouse concerns me more and more each time I think about it and the pit of my stomach starts to churn.

I pull up in to my driveway and get out of my car. I look across the street and see that Nick's car is already home. He could be watching me though one of his windows and knows that I'm home alone and I would never know if he is.

I walk inside quickly and shut the door and lock it. I decided to go plop down on the couch and stretch my body out. Hopefully by relaxing it will take some of the stress off of me.

I close my eyes and try to rest my body but my phone rings, telling me I have a text, and I sit up to grab my phone on the coffee table in front of the couch. I can't believe the name that is lighting up my screen. It's Harry. My heart runs a mile a minute. This is the first time in two months I've heard from him. I immediately unlock my phone and read his message.

Hey, unlock your door!

Unlock my door?

I got off the couch and look out the window by the door and there he was. Harry was standing at my door. I could't comprehend this. He was here at my house! I unlocked the door and opened it. His pink lips spread around his beautiful smile, the grey in his eyes was glimmering. I was incredibly happy to see him but happy is probably an understatement right now. I'm so overwhelmed by joy that he's standing here that I almost forget about the danger we're in.

"Hey Lily!"

"Harry! Get in!" I grabbed his wrist and pulled him inside. I slammed the door and locked it again.

"Lily what's wrong?" He frowned.

"It's my neighbor, Nick!"

Harry looked confused. I went back to sit on the couch and he followed me and sat down next to me.

"Nick, uh, who?" He stuttered and furrowed his brow.

"Nick Bradshaw! He lives right across the street from me!"

Harry's mouth slightly dropped like he was shocked for some reason.

"He works at the warehouse, right?" He licked his lips and leaned forward on his elbows, resting them on his knees. He gave me his full attention, staring me right in to my blue eyes. What really surprised me is how he knew that Nick worked at the warehouse.

"Yeah...but how'd you know?"

"I've seen stuff in the paper about it?" He seemed to sort of question that, like he wasn't sure about what he just said.

"And I've uhm...researched stuff about it?" He wasn't "too sure" about that either. He looked down from my eyes and started to twiddle his thumbs.

"You've researched it? What do you know about it?" I thought maybe this was the key to open a door. Maybe Harry knew more than I did.

"I, uh, don't know much. I just know that it opened in 1930 and closed in 1945 and that they do things with medicine in there." That's basically all I knew, too. Harry wasn't much of a help.

"Well...I know just as much as you."

"Lily why did you make me come inside so quick. What's going on with Nick?" He frowned. I could tell he was concerned.

"He got in my face at Starbucks. I was so scared. I asked him about the warehouse and then he asked how we were doing. Harry, how does he know about us?"

"I-I don't know..." His voice trailed off and shook his head, his eyes now meeting mine.

"And any time I bring up the warehouse he gets protective over it and won't answer any questions. Harry this is scaring me, what if he is up to something? He knows someth-" Harry stopped me. My tone started to get more worried as I talked faster.

"Lily calm down. Everything will be fine. Don't worry. Nick won't hurt you. I just suggest that you stop bringing up the warehouse to him if it makes him angry like that."

"But I wanna know what he's doing in there!"

"Lily if he wanted you to know about it then he would have told you when you asked. Just stop bringing it up!" Harry started to get annoyed with me, I could tell. He was annoyed at how desperate I was to find out the secrecy of the warehouse.

"Ok. I won't." I agreed with him and looked down, looking away from his gaze on me.

"You promise?" Harry tilted his head at me and raised an eyebrow.

"Yes! I promise!"

"Pinky promise?" He stuck up his pinky and held it up at me and smirked. This brought me back to the Starbucks date we had and how he promised to take me to Starbucks whenever I wanted.

"Yes. Pinky promise!" I smiled at him and locked pinkies with him as we made our little promise.

I almost forgot to ask the most important question.

"Why did you show up at my house so randomly?" I don't understand why he would do something like this. If we don't talk for two months, what possessed him to show up at my house and not text me till he was on my doorstep?

He grabbed my hand off my lap and held it in his. His hands were so large and his fingers so long. Mine felt so minuscule compared to his.

"Lily, I felt so bad walking away from you like that in the office that day. I realized after all we had talked and became friends I couldn't just leave you permanently like that. You've lost so many people in your life and I don't want to be another one of those people. You mean more to me than that."

I smiled and looked down at our hands. Harry cared more about me than I thought. I felt so special. I thought he was just another figure in my life that was gone forever but he wasn't...he came back.

"Harry this means so much to me. Thanks for not walking out on me."

"You're welcome." He smiled and stood up from the couch and opened his arms to embrace me in a hug. It felt so good to be held by him. I wrapped my arms around his long torso as I rested my head against his chest and he rested his cheek against the top of my head. He rubbed small circles in my back to soothe me.

"Harry?" I looked up at him, his grey eyes already looking at me.

"Yeah?"

"I think we have some catching up to do." I smiled at him and he smiled back, his dimples deeper than ever.

"I think we do, too!"