Chapter 17

I slowly lifted my head out of my hands and it was none other than Harry that came busting through the doors. He was clenching his jaw and fists; his biceps looked huge like he was ready to fight.

Kayden took her gaze off me and turned around to see Harry walking towards her.

"Awww look! It's the guy with the weird ass eye color who's in love with a third grader!" She laughed and the lunchroom echoed her.

"Leave him alone, Kayden! Keep him out of this!" I didn't want anyone to get hurt here even though she deserved it. I hated her and she wanted to ruin my life even more and someone needs to eventually teach her a lesson.

"Shut up bitch! I didn't ask you to talk!" She snapped back around to me.

"Don't talk to her that way!" Harry angrily said while still walking up to her.

"I can talk to her the way I want to! You won't do anything!"

"Watch me." Harry growled, his tall figure closer to her's.

I was so scared. Kayden obviously doesn't have any fear when it comes to Harry and she thinks she's invisible. She's going to get hurt. I honestly didn't care if anyone else gave her what she deserves but just not Harry.

Then my heart started to race and I couldn't believe my eyes. Harry pushed her against the wall by the table I was sitting at in the corner. One hand was on her neck and he was starting to constrict her. I could hear her gasp for air. I threw my hands over my mouth. There was nothing I could really do. The whole lunchroom started to stir. Everyone was reacting like me-they didn't know what to do or how to react.

The cafeteria doors flung open again. It was Principal Lee.

"What is going on in here?!"

He must not have seen the murder about to go down in the corner right by me. After he looked around he finally spotted the mayhem.

"Hey-HEY! STYLES! PUT HER DOWN!"

Principal Lee ran as fast as he could over to them. He put his arms around Harry and pulled him back and he let go of Kayden. She fell to the ground and was unconscious. I can't comprehend anything that is taking place right now this must be a dream. I closed my eyes with hope in my heart that I'd open them and this would all be gone. I opened them. It didn't work.

"STYLES! GET IN MY OFFICE NOW!"
Principal Lee grabbed Harry by the collar of his shirt and dragged him across the cafeteria. Everyone was completely hushed now. All their eyes turned as they watched Harry and Principal walk out. Administration came and attended to Kayden and called and ambulance.

I quickly threw away my trash and grabbed my backpack and threw it over one shoulder. I walked out as fast as I could to catch up with them; all eyes watched me, too, as I walked out.

I sprinted in to the front office and waited outside the principal's office. I could hear the faint talking of them through the walls. I tried to make out words but it was too hard. It felt like I waited for what seemed like hours for them to come to a conclusion in there but it had only been twenty minutes. Finally the door swung open and out came Harry. I immediately stood up.
Harry saw me and walked over to me.

"What'd he say?"

"What did who say?"

"Oh don't play stupid, Harry! What did Principal Lee say?"

He paused and looked down at his scuffed up brown boots then around the office.

"You don't wanna know..." His voice trailed off. He pursed his lips and he looked down again.

"Harry yes I do! Please! If you don't tell me I'm gonna end up worrying myself sick!"

"You're not gonna like it."

"I don't care! Please!" I begged. This can't be good.

He paused. I could tell he didn't want to tell me...he knew it would hurt me.

"He told me that it was highly inappropriate and uncalled for and what I did was absolutely insane. He said I should never touch a girl again and that I'm a danger to women. He said I need to see a therapist for anger management issues...which I know I don't have."

My heart felt like it burst. I can't believe this.

"Is that all?"

"No."

"Then what else did he tell you?"

"Lily I need to go I'm sorry."

He started to walk away but I wasn't going to let that happen. I grabbed his hand and he turned and stopped.

"Harry why are you avoiding me?!"

"Lily, I'm expelled. There! Are you happy!?"

Why was he being so rude to me? What the hell did I do?

"Happy? I didn't ask you to choke Kayden to unconsciousness!"

"Well I'm sorry I tried to protect you."

"Yeah! That's a question! Why did you do that? How'd you know what was happening in there?"

How did Harry know? He is never in the lunchroom! And what drove him to almost kill Kayden? She wasn't going to kill me or hurt me.

"I usually leave before lunch but as I walked by the cafeteria I heard and saw through the windows what was happening and I wasn't going to stand there and watch her treat you like that, Lily!"

It made me really happy he cared about me enough to do that but honestly it did scare me he went that far.

"So...I guess I won't see you around here anymore...since you're expelled..."

"Nope."

The words pierced my ears. I didn't want to hear that. He made my days worth the while. I actually wasn't hating school and I could make it through the days. Without him here I don't know how I will do this.

"Will we still keep in contact?" I know what word I don't want to hear but I heard it.

"Probably not. I'm sorry. My life is busy right now and complicated."

Busy? Complicated? But why can't he still talk to me? This made me ache all over. I felt sick. I never would have wanted this to happen. I should have told Harry to stop but I was speechless.

"So you can't even text or call me?"

He licked his pink lips and frantically looked around.

"I don't know Lily I have really got to go. I'm sorry...really." His grey eyes stared in to mine.

This was it. I probably will never see or speak to him again. I felt like I was going to throw up. How would I handle this. To me he was my everything; to him I was really nothing. I'll never find out why his eyes were that color or what all his tattoos mean or get to know any more about him.

Harry turned his back to me and strutted away. I didn't get a hug goodbye...nothing. I stood in the hall of the office and watched him walk right out of my life.