Chapter 27

LILY'S P.O.V.

From the day I met Harry, my life has changed. He's made me a different person and stronger than I could ever be. If he wasn't here I'd be beyond broken...I'd be unrepairable. I would wake up every day and feel like I was broken in to a million pieces. I wouldn't be able to pick myself up and keep going. By him being here, my life will never be the same and I don't ever want it to go back to the way it was without him. Whenever I try to think about my past and what my life was like, I just can't think straight...everything is a blur.

Hearing those words being spoken by him made my heart flutter and skip beats. It was one of the most beautiful things someone has ever said to me. I wanted to write that down and keep it somewhere, but for now, it's in my memory but I know it forever in my heart.

"I am speechless." I tried to find ways to respond to that but I couldn't. I was mute.

"It's ok. You don't have to say anything. I know you and how you feel." He smirked that little smirk at me that melts my heart every time.

I was still trying to comprehend what he said and run the words through my head over and over. I was so enthused that I didn't realize he came over to the passenger door and opened it for me. He held out his hand and I placed mine in his, helping me out.

I started to notice my surroundings as I got out. The driveway was all gravel. His house was huge. How the hell can he afford this? Maybe it's his parents that pay for it. I looked behind me and saw a long road that we had traveled on to get here. His house was secluded in the woods.

The colossal house was two story. It rose up to the trees. The outside was covered in dark mahogany wood. Big glass windows looked out on to his driveway and front yard. Did he not have blinds? I could see straight in to his house.

We walked up the stone steps to the door. He pulled out his keys and unlocked the door.

"After you." He motioned me to walk in, his bright, white smile greeting me.

I looked at him and smiled. I walked in and gasped. The inside looked even bigger. It was so open and spaced out. The walls were white with some picture frames scattered. The furniture was modern. A little living room area was off to the left of me. The couches were white and had that "square" shape. The tables by the couch had glass tops. A fuzzy, white rug sat under the coffee table in the middle. I spun in a 360° and look at my surroundings, in awe. I was now looking out the big glass windows. We sat up on a small hill, so his house looked down around the woods. The lights that illuminated up the inside of his house were slightly dim but gave off enough light. I felt like I was in a high rent house in Los Angeles that a celebrity would throw a house party in.

"Have you ever had huge parties here?" I asked, following slowly behind Harry to his kitchen, still spinning around, slowly taking it all in.

"Naaah." He looked back at me and grinned as his tall figure walked in front of me.

"Why not?"

"I just haven't had anyone to throw a party with of throw a party for."

"That's crazy. It's so big! You could pack a lot of people in here."

"I could always throw you one." He smirked at me. I laughed back at him.

I stopped to look at some pictures on the wall. There was a picture of him and a beautiful girl that looked like him. She had green eyes, the same nose, and dark brown hair. Her smile was perfect just like Harry's.

"I'm guessing this is your sister?"

"Yeah!"

"What's her name?"

"Gemma. Gemma Anne."

"She's beautiful, Harry." I smiled at the happy picture of them two. I saw more pictures on the wall of what must be his mom and dad.

"You look just like your mom and dad, too."

"That's actually my step dad, but close enough." He winked at me and laughed.

"Oh. What happened to your dad? If you don't mind me asking." I didn't know the history of what happened to his dad but by the look on his face I could tell it wasn't good.

Harry's smile started to turn in to a small frown, he pursed his lips. He looked down and shook his head.

"I don't like talking about it."

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know." I felt so bad for asking. He looked really upset at this point. The room became silent.

"No it's fine. You didn't know." He walked off in to the kitchen that was just right around the corner. I immediately followed behind him.

The kitchen was so big that it felt bigger than my bedroom. Why does a guy like him live alone in such a big house? The appliances looked brand new, the counter tops granite like mine at home and the floor was black and white tiled. There was a big window above the sink that looked out in to the woods. I could see a dining room from where I was standing in the kitchen. It had four chairs. The table was long, made of dark wood like the outside of his house.

I flashed back in to reality and out of my amazement of Harry's home when I realized something important that I had forgotten.

"Shit!" I said aloud.

"What?" Harry spun around quickly to look at me. He furrowed his brow.

"I need to call my mom and tell her not to come home cause Nick is laying on my kitchen floor."

Harry pulled out his phone and checked it.

"No, she's fine. Just call her and tell her what happened." He put his phone back in his pocket.

"Harry it doesn't just work like that! How do you know it's fine?! What if he comes after my mom?"

"I got a text from Nick. He's gone. He left your home. I don't know where he is but he ran away. And he won't come after your mom, he doesn't want her. "

"Wait...you have Nick's number? He has your number? Harry literally what the fuck is going on?!" I was utterly confused. There's too much going on to even try and guess what the mystery is or what's been happening.

"Lily it's a long story I just can't tell you right now."

"Harry please! You have to! Who does he want? I'm scared!" I started to feel hot. I felt my eyes water and things around the room got blurry. I put my hands over my face and began to cry more. I felt long arms envelope me in a secure hug.

"Lily I don't want you to be scared. I'm here with you and you're not going to get hurt. I'm your guardian angel now...ok?" Harry whispered to me. I had my head pressed against his chest, crying hard in to it. I felt his hand hold the back of my head. His other hand began to rub up and down on my back gently, occasionally rubbing small circles to calm me down.

I looked up at Harry. His eyes were shimmering bright grey again. I feel like I'll never know why his eyes are that color. I probably won't know anything and I'll just live my life in fear. I realized I need to trust Harry at some point though, and that time was now. I knew he wasn't going to let anyone hurt me...I just had too many moment of doubt.

As I stared in to his eyes I asked one of the most important questions at the moment:

"Who is he after?"

Harry paused for a few seconds. He closed his eyes tightly. He looked uneasy. His face became a little flushed and pale. He looked at me and spoke in a monotone voice.

"You."