Chapter 24

(A.N.)~Sorry the chapter is so short! but it's pretty interesting!;-)

The hand that was place on my shoulder was Nick. He's the one that got in my house. I was scared when I thought about what he wanted from me. Why is he breaking in to my house? Well, he didn't break in, the door was unlocked, but he still came in my home. I was looking one of the scariest people in the eye, face to face. My breathing started to get heavy. I tried to control it so he wouldn't see my fear.

"Nick, w-what are you doing here?" I started to stutter.

"Shhhh, Lily. Be silent, dear." He put his index finger up to my lips. He is so disgusting and terrifying. He's a predator.

Suddenly his other hand was places under my jaw, pushing my neck against the wall, my body being shoved along with it. I began to struggle for air and his grip got tighter and tighter.

"Lily I saw you had company earlier." His voice was so cold and he spoke slowly, calmly, trying to get answers.

"N-no I didn't, I don't know what you're talking about."

Just as I spoke the last word his hand was swiped across my cheek. It was hard and cold. I fell to the ground and put my hand on my cheek. The stinging was intense. I could feel my cheek become pink and hot.

"Lily, I know you're lying to me."

He chuckled and bent down to me lying on the ground.

"You must have forgotten I live right across the street. I see everything."

I couldn't move even if I tried. Every bone in my body was frozen. I was in shock and I felt paralyzed. I began to see my life flash before my eyes. This was it. My mom is going to have to live without another person in her life. I started to cry as that image came in to my mind: my mom alone, crying herself to sleep every night, having no one there for her. I couldn't let this happen to her. I need to save myself but I don't know how. Too much is running through my mind and I'm too close to Nick that he'll catch me.

Nick walked over to the island that sits in the middle of the kitchen. He pulled a cast iron pan off of it. If I knew of any weapons in my house it was exactly what Nick was holding in his hand. Those could shatter your skull and kill you if you're hit hard enough.

Nick walked back over to me with the cast iron pan in his hand. He bent back down to me, squatting.

"Lily, I've heard Harry is a really dangerous guy. I wouldn't want you to get hurt. You're so naive! I don't want to have to do this but it could save you from the future...ya know...what Harry could do to you."

I knew what he was saying was nowhere near true. Harry isn't dangerous. I know he's a mysterious guy but I always feel so secure and safe around him and I never feel that way around him. Why does Nick hate Harry? I remember what happened when I first took him to the warehouse and I had to contact Harry. He panicked and made me stop the car. I start to question everything and wonder if Harry really is a dangerous person and he's been planning something but that can't be.

Nick got right in my face as he spoke.

"I'm sorry, wild flower." He whispered.

My heart stopped as I heard what he said. That's what Harry called me. How the hell did he know?

There was no time to think of unimportant questions. Nick stood up and grinned at me but it wasn't a nice grin, it was a murderous one, and he had evil in his eyes. He gripped the cast iron pan and swung it up behind his head, ready to bring it down on me. All I could do was close my eyes and put my hands over my head. I was still frozen.

But it's almost like an angel was watching me. I was spared as I heard a voice speak as they ran in to the house.

"Nick, put it down now!"