Chapter 3

(A.N.)~Hiiiii so this is the first fic ive ever written and it will get better i have alot planned for this!:) please tweet about it! spread the word!!!

Did I just really hear what I think I heard?

"Please make him feel welcome!" Mr. Norton says to the class.

Mr. Norton instructs us to get out our notebooks cause we will start taking notes. As I reach over to pull out my binder I hear a deep, husky voice.

"Hey!"

It almost startles me and I jump in my seat.

"Oh! Hi." I reply. I wanna talk to him but I'm so stupid and I don't know what to say. My mouth is once again hanging open and I catch myself and close it. I just can't but help and stare in to his eyes. They're grey. Not just a bland grey-a beautiful, shimmery grey with a hint of green. I'm suddenly snapped out of my trance as I hear Harry's voice again.

"Can I have a piece of paper? I didn't bring anything with me today." He said trying to be quiet so he doesn't make a disturbance in the class.

His voice is so intriguing. Something about it really draws you to him and makes you loose all focus on everything around you and put it all on him.

"Uh-uhm yeah sure! Here!" I reach in to my backpack and give him a sheet of paper.

"Here's a pencil too!" I say. I probably sound so stupid He didn't ask for a pencil, Lily! But he did say he didn't bring anything.

"Thanks." He stares at me for a moment then looks away.

My mind just can't process what is going on. He's the one I ran into in the hallway and now he's sitting by me? My heart begins to pound so loudly in my chest.

"Ok class, since I feel like you haven't been doing your reading, I'm giving you a pop quiz!"

The whole class groans. We're all screwed. No one reads in this class! I can't afford another bad grade though! My focus has been on Jackson too much and finding him. I can't focus on school anymore.

As Mr. Norton walks around and hands out the quizzes he hands one to me then Harry.

"Harry since you're new this won't count. Don't worry!" He says.

Harry nods and smiles at Mr. Norton. I look down at my quiz after looking at them converse and I see Harry looking at me from the corner of my eye.

A few minutes pass and Harry's already done with his quiz. Majority of people are still working, even me. How is he done? Once we are all done we trade quizzes to grade. I obviously know who's going to trade with me.

"Hey can I trade with you?" Harry's eyes are staring in to mine. I feel my heart beat in my ears now; heat rising through my body.

"Y-Yeah sure!" I quickly reply.

We trade quizzes and grade. I don't even want to know what I got on mine. I must have failed since I never read and whenever we take notes in class all I focus on is my lost brother.

I feel Harry looking at me and I look over at him.

"Ooooh not so good Ms. Lily! But I purposely didn't mark some of them wrong so you'd get a better grade." He smirks at me. I couldn't believe what he just said.

"No, no. Don't do that! You don't have to! Uh-erm-please just mark them wrong. I'll take it as it is."

How stupid must I sound. He basically just did a good deed for me and helped my grade and I don't want it? A hot guy just did this for me and I say no. Im such a dumb ass.

"Ok well if you're suuuuureee-"

"Fine! I'll take it!" I snatch my quiz out of his hand.

"Woah woah. Don't have to be so aggressive!" He slightly chuckled. I then realized I hadn't even graded his quiz yet. I checked his quiz. My mouth dropped.

"How can this be?" I say quietly under my breath. He must have heard me.

"What? Did I get them all wrong?" Harry says. His smile widens.

"No...not at all...you got them all...right?"

How is this possible? He has never been in this class and we are far in to the book and half way through this chapter!

"Alright! Pass up your quizzes!" Mr. Norton says.

I just stare blankly at my desk, wondering how this could be. Harry doesn't even seem shocked he got a 100% and he's never been in this class before!

I couldn't resist anymore.

"Have you ever taken a psychology class?" I ask. My mouth speaking before I think. What a dumb thing to ask.

"Nope. Not at all." He casually says.

I look back over to my desk and just stare. How on earth is this possible? Suddenly my attention from my desk is taken away by the door flinging open to the classroom. It's the principle.

"Is Lily Hardwell in this class?"

Great. What trouble am I in now?

"Yes? She is!" Mr. Norton says to Principal Lee. He seems to be so confused. Principal Lee never busts in the door like that.

"We need to have her come to the office. It's an emergency!" Principal Lee seems really concerned about what's happening. I'm so scared as to what is going on. Why is he in such a hurry?

I get out of my seat and pick up my backpack. I sprint over to the door. I look back at Harry, almost like it was an instinct and he seems worried, too. Does he know something I don't know?

I arrive at the office and one of the ladies at the front desk hands me the phone.

"It's for you." She says. Her voice was monotone. Not much expression.

As I hear the words come out of the person's mouth from the other end I drop the phone and I drop to the floor.

I covered my mouth. I wanted to scream but nothing was coming out.
This was the last thing I was expecting today and if I thought losing my brother was bad, this could be just as worse.