Chapter 30

My body felt tingly. My heart felt like it was about to pound out of my chest. I couldn't respond to what he just said. There was so much I had to take in. It all hit me like a tsunami. It all added up to so much but the best part is that I made him feel emotions again. I'm the only one that's done that. It makes me feel like I've accomplished something. I got the guy I like to love me. I couldn't ask for anything more.

Harry stared out in to the woods in front of us. I followed his actions and stared out in to the peace. I turned my attention to him as he began to speak again.

"Lily you don't know how much this means to me. I've come in contact with so many people along these few months but you're the only one who has made me feel like the real me...the human Harry." He laughed after he finished his sentence.

"I don't care what Nick thinks, either. He can do whatever he wants to me but all I want is you. I'll sacrifice myself for you."

"Sacrifice?"

I could tell this bothered Harry. Something wasn't right about this whole "sacrifice" thing. He ran a hand through his hair, pushing soft, curly strands out of his face.

"Basically the inhabitant is dead in me right now. It is still in me but I feel human again so it's dead. If you take it out...I die."

I started to lose my breath and it started to get hard for me to breathe. I couldn't have Harry die. I wouldn't be able to live. I might as well be inhabited and not feel anything because without him I wouldn't feel. I'd be numb for life.

"Well why can't it just stay in you? Why does it have to be removed?"

"Nick doesn't play like that. It angers him so he would want to take it out so it could kill me. Right now he knows I feel something towards you but he doesn't know all my emotions are back. He thinks I'm halfway there."

"Harry I can't let Nick kill you! I can't-" I couldn't finish my sentence. I couldn't think of losing him or picture him dying on a lab table. Harry just laying there against his will, bright lights shining on his face, while a sharp utensil rips his skin open and pierces his heart. Him being cut in to and being killed just kills me on the inside. It gives me a pain in my heart like I've been cut open.

Harry hung his head and shook it.

"I can't have him kill you either. We have to stay together, Lily. If we don't then one of us could be gone forever." He looked like he was about to cry. My heart was physically hurting. I felt that aching pain in my chest get tighter and more intense.

"I've met so many people but they haven't made me feel the way that I do with you. They just made me feel a little happy but nothing more. They don't light the fire inside of me that was once burning but needs to be ignited."

Harry paused and took a deep breath. He looked over in to my eyes, letting me know what he was about to say was important.

"But with you, I can feel again."

I couldn't ask for anyone else or anything else right now. Harry is willing to sacrifice his life for me. He doesn't want me to get hurt. He loves me...and I love him.

We stared at each other for a brief moment. Our faces were close and before I knew it our lips were almost touching. Harry's hand was grabbing the side of my face. I wanted him so bad. I never could understand why he would never kiss me. Our breathing became uneven and a tad heavy. Harry licked his pink lips. Our foreheads were touching, noses brushing. After a few more seconds he moved away. I thought this was a perfect opportunity to finally kiss him but it wasn't for him.

The night sky was perfect and romantic. It was only us two and no one else. It was a beautiful moment. Being with just Harry is always beautiful. His presence is none like I've ever felt. I decided to take advantage of this moment and wrap my arms around his waist. I laid my head on his chest, his body leaning and relaxing on the little couch. I close my eyes and I felt his arm wrap around me. I heard his heartbeat pick up. Mine did the same. Our hearts kept time together at a steady pace. He smelled so good and was so warm. My eyes opened as I heard him whisper.

"I love you, Lily Hardwell, and I'll do anything to keep you safe."

I close my eyes again and a smile spread across my face. I hugged his torso tighter as he started to rub my back.

"I love you, too, Harry Styles." I whispered back.