Chapter 37

LILY'S P.O.V.

I laid there as I started at the ceiling in Harry's bedroom. I thought mostly about last night and how I'd relive it in a split second. He made me feel special like in a way I haven't felt. Not a special like how you get a lot of presents on your birthday or when a lot of people on a sports team congratulate you but a special way that you can't put in to words. Like he knows I'm the only one for him. Like he can't love anyone else...and I know I couldn't love anyone else. If I loved anyone else, they wouldn't see the love I show with Harry. They wouldn't deserve it. When I'm with Harry I feel like I make him the real person he was before he was inhabited. I know I do. I bring him to life but not only that, I also feel like a new me. I don't think too much on the past or worry about it. If I did then I'd be a basket case and crying all the time, not wanting to leave my room or communicate to anyone. But one day I stumbled upon the most beautiful boy. I didn't mean to fall in love with him, but he changed my world completely around. Fate chose him...not me. I'm so happy I have him in my life and I don't think he will ever understand how happy he makes me.

My mind started to trail off more and more. If it wasn't for me he'd still be stuck in a world of seclusion. No one would know the pain he's in or what he's gone through. No one would understand him. He would have so much bottled up inside with no one to confess to...but one day that all changed and it was because of me. Thinking about last night and how the green in his eyes was there and shimmering more than ever reminds me of the power I have. It reminds me that my love is strong and that no matter who is hurting or is so changed or broken, you still can love and have that quality. Nothing can stop it. There was a different side of him I saw last night. The grey in his eyes became the green they used to be; and it was all because of me.

I looked over and snapped out of my daze as I saw Harry pop his head in the door way.

"Hey, I'm going down stairs to make breakfast." He smiled wide and raced down stairs.

To pass some time before breakfast was ready I decided to take a shower and put my own clothes back on. I got out of the shower and ran my fingers through my hair and let it air dry. I could smell maple syrup in the air but it didn't smell like he was cooking pancakes. My curiosity got to me and I ran down to his kitchen. Harry was making waffles and bacon. The house smelled amazing and it made me more and more hungry.

"That smells delicious." I said as I watched him place strips of bacon in to the frying pan, the sizzling echoing through his colossal kitchen.

"Haha, thanks. I decided waffles would be a nice change, maybe a little out of the ordinary." He turned around and winked at me, his cheeky side grin showing.

"Well no matter how 'out of the ordinary' it is, you're an amazing cook so I'm sure it'll be good." I smiled back at him.

My hunger got more intense as I realized we didn't even eat dinner last night. We were so caught up in ourselves that we forgot to eat...but it's not like I regret anything.

"So did you get a good night sleep?" Harry turned slightly around to look at me from the corner of his eye.

"Yeah, I did actually. You're bed is quite comfy." I winked at him and slightly laughed.

"It is pretty comfy...but it's more comfier with you in it." He turned more towards me and I could see his white, perfect smile. I smiled back and couldn't help but look down and blush.

As I was going to go sit down on the bar stool at the counter there was a loud knock on the door. I couldn't imagine who that was at this time of the morning but as always, I was curious. I saw Harry turn around and freeze. His gaze stared in the direction of the door. This wasn't like him and I knew something was wrong. The knock sounded again, this time louder and harder. I saw Harry race over towards me out of the corner of my eye.