Chapter 4

(A.N.)~Sorry these are so short!but it will get better I promise!:)

So many thoughts are running though my head at this moment.

Is this really happening?
How can this be happening?
How did it happen?
Why is it happening to me when I've gone through so much in my life?

As I run through the halls of the hospital to get to the intensive care unit I feel like I'm going to pass out. My eyes start to get blurry from the amount of tears appearing in my eyes. My legs start getting weak. My heart feels so heavy. It feels like I have never ran this fast in my life.

I finally approach ICU. I see a lot of my family standing around. My Aunt Margaret is here with my Uncle Henry. I see my grandpa and grandma. Then I see my mom.

She's sitting in a chair in the little lobby. Hands are placed over her face with her elbows on her knees. I can hear her sobbing. I approach slowly, still not sure as to what's going on exactly.

"Why?! Why is this happening to me?!"
I can feel her pain radiating off of her and on to me. The rest of my family is silent and trying to comfort her.

"Wha-What is exactly going on here?" I ask. I'm so scared. I don't want to hear what is about to come out of someone's mouth but I'm going to have to hear it.

I hear my Aunt Margaret speak.

"Lily, dear, I know you don't want to hear this but your dad got in a bad car accident on his way to work this morning. They aren't sure if he's going to make it." Her tone is so dark and grey. I don't want to accept what I just heard but I have to. All I could think is I can't lose another person this close to me in my life. I won't be able to live!

I take a seat in a chair a few seats away from my mom and repeatedly tell myself this isn't real. This is just a dream and at any moment I will wake up. But it's not. It is just a repeat of what happened July 27th. I thought that was all a dream but I never woke up. I have been living in pain and misery for seven months now but the worst pain, the one I felt on July 27th, is back again. I never wanted to experience that pain again but it looks like I am.

Suddenly my phone buzzes. It's a text message but I don't recognize the number. I open it and my mouth drops.

Hey it's Harry. Why'd you leave so quickly. Are you ok?

How the hell did he get my number? So he's super smart at psychology and super smart at figuring out people's phone numbers?

I locked my phone and put it back in my purse. I didn't feel like responding to anyone right now or try and figure out how he got my number. That's the last of my worries.

************************************

It's been three weeks since I've been at school. My alarm clock buzzes as usual at 6:15am. This morning is one of the hardest it has been to get out of bed. I don't want to go back to school. No one is there for me and I'm even more depressed than I have ever been.

First I lose my brother: one of my only sources of happiness. We don't even search for him anymore. Officials out there still are for us but there's no luck. It hurts to think he could still be alive.

Now I lose my dad. I honestly don't know how I am alive right now. Losing two people that close to you in your life that soon is something no one should go through, especially not someone my age.

I feel so bad. I took him for granted. I barely talked to him, he barely talked to me. The morning he left he ignored me and didn't say goodbye or I love you. I cry every night thinking of how I never got to say goodbye to him. I told him I loved him at the funeral...but he wasn't alive...he couldn't hear my pain and sorrow and sincerity.

************************************

First period passes and now I'm off to second. Great. I see Harry. Why am I upset about this? Just the other week I was so intrigued by him now I hate him? He did nothing to me but this is my mind telling me to shut everyone out.

I walk through the halls again with my head down but I start to think about Jackson and my dad and I can't take it. I run to the bathroom and lock myself in a stall. I can't help but bawl my eyes out thinking about how pathetic my life is and how I have no friends. There's no one there for me.

I hear the bell ring and curse under my breath. Im late. I have my fourth tardy and now I get a detention. I quickly unlock the stall door and run out of the bathroom. The halls are empty and everyone is already in their class so this gives me a chance to run faster. Memories flash in my mind back to when I was running down the halls of the hospital to see my dad.

I walk in the door of the classroom, the whole class turns to look at me. I feel the gaze of Mr. Norton on me.

"You're late, Lily...and on your first day back."

What a dick. Can't he tell I've been crying my eyes out and my dad recently passed away? He has no grace!

I look down and walk to my seat.

"Yes sir. I know."

"Well this is your fourth tardy. You'll serve your detention tomorrow afternoon."

Tears start to swell in my eyes. This can't get any worse. It was just then I notice Harry isn't here. Where is he? I was kind of hoping to see his face but his presence not being here makes everything ten times worse.